• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we in the Euro's wheelhouse on if whether a phase will happen or not?
I am, cause the Euro showed the possible phase occuring first than other models. And now, the models are leaning closer to the phase. We're in a phasing trend if things continue to look up the way their going now.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I am, cause the Euro showed the possible phase occuring first than other models. And now, the models are leaning closer to the phase. We're in a phasing trend if things continue to look up the way their going now.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I can't even see the pay maps and I found what I saw on the Euro on the free ones late last night very interesting. It was too warm but it had a low that was absolutely bombing after it moved away.

Anthony Masiello ‏@antmasiello 2m2 minutes ago
48h linear trend for 12z Thu 2/16. Any additional nudging and coastal threat slowly goes south and east. Not bad if you're in NC though.
C4UnfAHWEAEhqwj.jpg

UKMET 120: http://img.meteocentre.com/models/ukmet_amer_12/GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

This is faster than the GFS/CMC by about 12-18 hours but similar to the 0Z Euro. The problem with faster movement is it doesn't allow time for a cold high to move in to the north. It would be better if it would slow down & give more of the SE the chance for cold enough for snow. I seriously doubt if this 120 hour map is cold enough for most in the SE. Again, no high to the north.
-------------------------------------
UKMET 144: http://img.meteocentre.com/models/ukmet_amer_12/GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

It got much stronger well off the NE coast. I don't see the benefits from that in the SE.

12Z Euro looks like it is also coming in faster than the GFS/CMC and like the 0Z Euro/12Z Ukmet. Probably not good imo but let's see. It also looks a little north in the prelim maps. That means it may be warmer than the 0Z Euro.

Edit: Yep, 150 miles north of the 0Z Euro/12Z Ukmet. Bad track for most.

This Euro run goes back to an inland runner (well the 0z may have been inland but on the free maps I can't tell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back