• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea on those above maps is you can see that it was extremely close to doing something amazing for Parts of GA, SC, and NC. Timing.

It's hilarious to watch the second by second play by play each run...someone will be saying something like "what a mess" while at the same time someone else is saying "it's looking better this time" :D
it can look better and still be a mess

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CMC looks good, the northern stream needs to come in at the same time the moisture does. If it was colder and if the moisture was further north on the CMC, there would be some nice snowfall amounts in there.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

CMC looks good, the northern stream needs to come in at the same time the moisture does. If it was colder and if the moisture was further north on the CMC, there would be some nice snowfall amounts in there.

Surface temps weren't too great, but that can be worked out with some timing changes.

If this doesn't phase, the moisture is playing hand and hand with the cold. If the moisture is further north, it's going to be warmer. If there isn't a well timed phase, the best bet is going to be a stripe of snow at the top of the precip shield. Who knows who is going to get it? In earlier runs Georgia had a stripe of snow, but my bet would be this "stripe" would be more likely in upstate SC and NC.

So for most of us, it's well timed phase or bust. It's a shame but there isn't enough snowpack to make things colder.

Do any of you guys use Twitch by chance?

Well, sounds like the trend is positive, but we need it to keep trending that way to have a chance. Hope we get that NW trend like usual and it comes in colder. Didn't we need the northern stream to slow down with the last storm, too?

12z gefs leaves much to desire

Yeah, there is a low, some slower, some faster.. but so warm for areas that do get precip.

I'm looking at the weeklies since I didn't look at them yesterday. The weekly has that system juicy during the 15th-16th. If the track of low is 50 miles south, that would be a big snowstorm. Maybe we'll see it that juicy on today's 12z Euro runs and with the right track.

Well, sounds like the trend is positive, but we need it to keep trending that way to have a chance. Hope we get that NW trend like usual and it comes in colder. Didn't we need the northern stream to slow down with the last storm, too?
probem is a NW trend guarantees a warmer solution without a good cold source to the north

This system has fail written all over it. Just my opinion. It goes way south and suppressed, plenty cold. It comes north and brings the QPF and it's to warm. I know it can be done without a nice HP to our north, but that is the exception not the rule. It's like threading two needles in regard to timing and LP track. Odds seem very low of this working out how we want. I truly hope I'm wrong!

This system has fail written all over it. Just my opinion. It goes way south and suppressed, plenty cold. It comes north and brings the QPF and it's to warm. I know it can be done without a nice HP to our north, but that is the exception not the rule. It's like threading two needles in regard to timing and LP track. Odds seem very low of this working out how we want. I truly hope I'm wrong!

We're always threading the needle, it's the south. A bunch of factors have to come together for snow in the south, one wrong move can throw everything off.

I can see a narrow band of snow on the northern edge of the precipitation. That was showing through parts of SC a couple days ago on the GFS. I just feel like timing, without a full phase (that will hurt and help some) has a low chance of working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back