• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ULL is starting to pick up speed than 18z at hr 120. Is there going to be a phase? Huhhh, maybe

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It's a little bit warmer because the cold press from the PV isn't as strong. Either the PV/eastern trough is about to tear this thing up a bit or we're about to see a phase as this seems like it's starting to stretch out now...

I'm still of the opinion that this is more defined than the last run but it definitely doesn't do what we really need it to.

Warmer and further North with the Low.

Either way, congrats Euro. You will win again.

Man, that's close to a phase! Will we start to see a phasing trend? It's a possibility.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The Euro could just as easily be wrong again like January. It was already trending south over recent runs and I think earlier on (as in days ago) it was showing an Apps Runner.

I still don't think the PV will be as strong as depicted. I think it'll be there but will be weaker.

But if this doesn't phase, a typical climo track isn't going to cut it I don't think. Just not enough cold air.

If that ULL would just stay intact, why is getting sheared?

That thing that is helping with cold is tearing at it. So basically, in the most likely situation, we are screwed if that continues.

Too steep of a height field out front. When it hits that accelerated flow it gets channeled and sheared. My only real negative out of that gfs run is the faster eastward movement of the upper low. There was a NE trend in the NE

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You see, the thing is, if it wasn't being sheared out, that low track would make me think there'd be more precip further north. In fact I think that's pretty close to 2/12/10 (the low track), maybe a bit further south but not much. But again... cold=???

Oye....this just goes *poof* while trying to cross Florida. Again I don't think the PV is going to be as strong as this but the best bet here is likely a phase. If we don't see a phase, this likely either shears out or only has a strip of snow at the top of the precip shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back