• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

could someone on here tell if the southeast ridge will ever break down this winter
To be honest it hasn’t been much of a problem most winter until of recent weeks ... now it’s a pain in our thorn but hopefully it can get beaten back by strong high pressures enough for some sloppy winter storms .. time will tell

Temps been holding steady around 37-38 all day in north ATL. Can’t see us hitting the FFC grid forecast high of 43 at this point.
Yup same here, I doubt the high here will reach 40. I also doubt the temps will warm all that much tomorrow if the clouds don't clear, and with snow cover for the area's that do get snowfall.

Temps been holding steady around 37-38 all day in north ATL. Can’t see us hitting the FFC grid forecast high of 43 at this point.

The highest I've gotten so far is 38, the airport has managed to get up to 41 right now. They probably have had more peaks of sunshine on the southside than up here on the northside where I am.

EDIT: The lowest I got was 36 so it's been between 36-38 all day despite some peaks of sunshine off and on.

EDIT #2: In it's early stage, not really wetter, but precip in AL is more consolidated instead of scattered. (HRRR)

Last edited:
Which model showed this event first? Trying to remember but don't think it was the Euro.

Had on-and-off light snow showers and flurries here in NE Forsyth County (Ga.) this morning. I will admit I hadn't paid much attention to tomorrow's potential event until I grabbed lunch a few minutes ago.

Wow! One point from here I've noticed (that lets me get a bit more excited about tomorrow): We're going to bust on high temps here. I think we were forecast to hit 43. It's 37 outside.

Keep the great discussion coming. These little one can overperform. It would be fantastic to get something of some substance this winter.

--30--

The HRRR is a sight to drool over. Widespread 40 dbz rates for snow is something to love.
HRRRSE_prec_ptype_021.png

I hate every HRRR run doesn't got out 36hrs. I wonder how different this would have been compared to 17z run.
1581103611163.png

Back