• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

I'm going to need that snow transition line just about 20 miles further west please

Ok, snow coming down good in Fort Oglethorpe Ga. Shutout cancelled for this year. This one setting up for tomorrow's event? Excitement rising!

LMAO, that's wild! 3 inches?! As badly as I want to I refuse to buy into this. 1/2 inch maybe, but 3?

EDIT: Curious to see what the NWS thinks about the NAM or the WRF if they give much credence to that model anyway. In a nice way they'll probably say they are both trash.?

IMO, it's all gonna depend on two factors: How early does the precip arrive(earlier, the better)? How heavy is the precip(better rates = more dynamic cooling near the surface)? I don't think 850 mb temps will be much of a problem north of I-20, but the lower levels(925mb and lower) are where people in N. GA(especially closer to I-20) could run into some trouble.

If I were maybe 25 miles N/NE of Atlanta, I'd be excited. This looks like a potential overperformer if temps cooperate.

IMO, it's all gonna depend on two factors: How early does the precip arrive(earlier, the better)? How heavy is the precip(better rates = more dynamic cooling near the surface)? I don't think 850 mb temps will be much of a problem north of I-20, but the lower levels(925mb and lower) are where people in N. GA(especially closer to I-20) could run into some trouble.

If I were maybe 25 miles N/NE of Atlanta, I'd be excited. This looks like a potential overperformer if temps cooperate.
Yeah and the upstate looks to be a prime spot as well North of 85

Do you see Gsp issuing a advisory north of 85. A inch is a advisory event I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're probably going to wait a bit...maybe even until the system is actually on top of GA before issuing an advisory. I'm still pretty skeptical. I want to see the RGEM trend towards the NAM.

Back