• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

707a0a984ba5ca093b04f944ab9bb577.jpg

Back to mostly snow here.

—30—

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao - thought we were all rain and then almost busted my ass on my deck stairs which had a nice slush on them! ?

Down to 33/33 here. FFC had me with a low of 36 tonight. So there’s that.

I gotta be honest, our local weather forecasts at our stations are so lame and generic. They don't go into detail about anything, provide lousy facebook updates, and bust on things like this bad. They flat out said nothing, not even a mix yesterday for our area.

So I can't keep track: is this overperforming or underperforming in GA/SC?

I can hear the sleet pinging of the roof and windows with occasional snowflakes mixed in. Got about 30 minutes of decent snow around 5 pm before it changed over. Not bad and pretty much right in line with what the HRRR has for me

Indecisive. As I type this it's back to all sleet but by the time the post is read and I look back outside it'll be snow again.

Man, I feel this. Sleet pings the windows, it gets quiet, I look outside, it's snowing, I go back into my man cave, hear the sleet again.

Can report the ground is a bit crunchy now (just walked outside). Still coming down here.

--30--

I gotta be honest, our local weather forecasts at our stations are so lame and generic. They don't go into detail about anything, provide lousy facebook updates, and bust on things like this bad. They flat out said nothing, not even a mix yesterday for our area.
I know I don’t know crap, but with multiple models showing that this would happen, it’s...curious...that they didn’t even entertain the idea in their AFDs the past 36 hours or so.

Back