• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Crazy I know, but I just quite bring myself to bury this one. Hoping for that tried and true last-minute NW trend and the modeling dampening that Baja S/W just a little too much.
View attachment 146487
I was fixing to post this one lol. You go another frame or two it shows other members with little snow as well far south Al. Globles not showing this solution just yet but the gefs ens have been consistent with these little northern edge snow for the past few days now. Last adjustment will occur.

I was fixing to post this one lol. You go another game or two it shows other members with little snow as well far south Al. Globles not showing this solution just yet but the gefs ens have been consistent with these little northern edge snow for the past few days now. Last adjustment will occur.
Yep. I peeked at the soundings for MBY on Sunday AM. Definitely supportive of snow if the precip pushes just a little further north.

The MJO wave that models saw for a while, is basically dead, probably a reason why models look awful now. It’s losing influence and that was what was forecasted to drive the 2nd half of Feb/March. It was suppose to continue into the WHEM then the Indian Ocean. 8B56447A-ECF8-43D3-B320-F5A227478744.jpeg
But still why are we headed to a PR regime ? What’s the reasoning behind that ?
The MJO was suppressed in dec by the strong positive Indian Ocean dipole, and the pattern was just a reflection of a strong El Niño aka Pacific trough regime/poleward shifted overextended jet. This time around Pacific at d10 is just a weird looking retracted jet, but with split flow out over the open pacific and a strong subtropical jet, I don’t get that reaction still from a subseasonal standpoint. We have a lot left to learn about wx

Back