• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Last week at this time we were looking at this to end Feb on the weeklies.....what a collapse

View attachment 146456

I really did buy into them last week when the pattern started to get into the ensemble range. They're officially garbage to me now, like the control run. Lol.

The pacific I'm used to crapping on us. This year I'm surprised how bad and short lived the blocking, -nao has been. Background state was supposed to make the block persistent, but it's evaporated like a fart in the wind each time it shows.

The meltdown is REAL....both figuratively and literally!

Not here. I love snow, but also nice Spring temps. Now when this all flips in the next few weeks again and we get a chilly March and April, no decent severe weather setups and late frosts and then BAM right into 90’s; I’ll do my fair share of the Meltdown.

Not here. I love snow, but also nice Spring temps. Now when this all flips in the next few weeks again and we get a chilly March and April, no decent severe weather setups and late frosts and then BAM right into 90’s; I’ll do my fair share of the Meltdown.
I love warmer than average March's. Its just refreshing.

while everybody else is writhing and gnashing their teeth i'm having my snow super bowl this weekend. so any support would be gracious to make sure i get this and not dc
View attachment 146464
I’m in your boat, need it to drop south some

while everybody else is writhing and gnashing their teeth i'm having my snow super bowl this weekend. so any support would be gracious to make sure i get this and not dc
View attachment 146464
I'll wish this comes your way but only because it gives me the slightest glimmer of hope of seeing a rogue flake if it does. Hah

I'll wish this comes your way but only because it gives me the slightest glimmer of hope of seeing a rogue flake if it does. Hah
i take pains to be a well behaved northern latitude guy. i remember growing up in wilmington and reading these forums and knowing the only way i was scoring is if everyone was like "gah too suppressed". distinctly remember shutting my laptop once bc big frosty was ecstatic at a run and thats when i knew i was toast

i take pains to be a well behaved northern latitude guy. i remember growing up in wilmington and reading these forums and knowing the only way i was scoring is if everyone was like "gah too suppressed". distinctly remember shutting my laptop once bc big frosty was ecstatic at a run and thats when i knew i was toast
It will snow again in Wilmington. does the euro look good for richmond?

March looks really warm to start out, deep -PNA/EC ridge and the sfc pattern already features a subtropical high around Bermuda and conus is flooded with LP. Really one of the warmer looks you can get View attachment 146473View attachment 146474View attachment 146475View attachment 146476
It looks warm today, 2 weeks out. I just can't put my faith into these things anymore whether it shows cold or warm. We should be sitting in the freezer right now if these models were correct 2 weeks ago. It maybe warm but I'm not putting any stock into what they show or hell any teleconnection shows past 5 days at this point. They're just not reliable anymore for whatever reason.

Back