• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

I’ve got no scientific or model data to back this up other than history around here the last 5-6 years. Those of us east of the apps I wouldn’t bank on the warm spring yet either. Every year we get the same torch pattern looks that turn into 40/50 degree CAD days with some mixed spring like days in there. Never fails. Things you can count on around here. December being warm at least the first 21 days. A 2 or maybe 3 week winter period in early January where we hope but nothing ever materializes and we get cold and dry or just warm enough rain before the inevitable flip by mid January through February of torch with CAD days mixed in there. Before winter finally shows up March and April but by then it’s too warm to actually get snow and turn severe weather season into 50 and rain for 2 straight months. Again, I can’t quote a model on it yet but it’s like clock work and I’ll bet $100 by the time we get to March you’ll be seeing CAD and rain show up left and right as we get into the short and medium range. It’s the only thing we’re good at around here anymore

I’ve got no scientific or model data to back this up other than history around here the last 5-6 years. Those of us east of the apps I wouldn’t bank on the warm spring yet either. Every year we get the same torch pattern looks that turn into 40/50 degree CAD days with some mixed spring like days in there. Never fails. Things you can count on around here. December being warm at least the first 21 days. A 2 or maybe 3 week winter period in early January where we hope but nothing ever materializes and we get cold and dry or just warm enough rain before the inevitable flip by mid January through February of torch with CAD days mixed in there. Before winter finally shows up March and April but by then it’s too warm to actually get snow and turn severe weather season into 50 and rain for 2 straight months. Again, I can’t quote a model on it yet but it’s like clock work and I’ll bet $100 by the time we get to March you’ll be seeing CAD and rain show up left and right as we get into the short and medium range. It’s the only thing we’re good at around here anymore
It’s certainly a safe bet. It seems like cool springs have been just as normal as mild winters the last 10 years or so

Who the hell knows what's going to happen going forward, that's for sure. I thought a BIG mid to late Feb was all but guaranteed. We see where that is going now. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but we don't have much more than a month, at most to get something. I have a gut feeling that something big is going to happen when we least expect it. At least in the upper part of the SE US.

I got 50s coming back next week! Only 25-30 degrees above normal highs! So the cold source is definitely taking a hit and snowcover up here will still be non existent!

Lmao even Denver almost hits 70 next week. I mean what a winter. I'm out of words at this point. It's just embarrassing

Last edited:
Lmao even Denver almost hits 70 next week. I mean what a winter. I'm out of words at this point. It's just embarrassing
Don’t worry. If the Gulf Stream shuts down like that one person posted we’ll be wishing for this weather as we’re burning our furniture.

You nailed it, outside of Spring like days in February, there is no hope for an early Spring. Teleconnections set up for the cold pattern almost like clockwork in March then the chilly to down right cold winds start blowing and do so repeatedly through the first week in May then comes summer. "Spring" has become far and away my least favorite season of the year. Nothing like pollen laden cold winds gusting over 40 mph.

Averages starting to rise and it’s really starting to show on ens means. Getting to that Time of the year where days getting to 60F is getting easier and easier. In 4-5 weeks that’ll be 70F instead, and 7-9 weeks 80F, and then week 12-14 we are cooking and it’s full on summer baby E04D751C-2350-46F0-8154-80A8BB3B8E3F.png1EB41957-6C53-45D9-BF74-450B53A65DE7.png

Averages starting to rise and it’s really starting to show on ens means. Getting to that Time of the year where days getting to 60F is getting easier and easier. In 4-5 weeks that’ll be 70F instead, and 7-9 weeks 80F, and then week 12-14 we are cooking and it’s full on summer baby View attachment 146454View attachment 146455
Man I love beach szn but it feels good headed into the heat wave with a new snow memory under my belt. Maybe next year man

edit: wrong thread my b

Last week at this time we were looking at this to end Feb on the weeklies.....what a collapse

View attachment 146456
One of the biggest fails I’ve seen from the weeklies, it was there for months and months, from last late summer, to last week. Now it’s gone

can someone explain to me what happened to cause such a drastic 360? this really was the most positive pattern flip I've ever seen y'all get excited about. just curious.

Back