• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

i'm keeping an eye on this for my advantaged latitude and i think you should too

Yeah, it had this current storm for several days out and all the other models where all over the place it stood it’s ground on where it was going to snow. Did a great job! Who knows may be the only one it gets right. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, the 12Z is quite a bit sharper with the Baja S/W. Just more rain ahead of the front...probably, but as much as the modeling has shifted all over the place with this one, it's still a little interesting.
namconus_z500_vort_us_53.png

More snowpack to our north with this day 4 deal for the MA/NE...does that help us?

Looks like the dam has finally busted for NYC. And somehow the MA crew just keeps cranking out events in a horrific winter for most.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 10.33.04 AM.png

More snowpack to our north with this day 4 deal for the MA/NE...does that help us?

Looks like the dam has finally busted for NYC. And somehow the MA crew just keeps cranking out events in a horrific winter for most.

View attachment 146387
Man how does Boston feel this morning. 10-15 inches in the forecast as late as yesterday for them

Plenty cold too...alright, now I'm ready for a blowtorch pattern after this.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 11.03.28 AM.png

If this little northern stream vort max can just come in a little further west and a tick stronger than depicted, it would phase with the southern stream disturbance earlier and we'd have something here. That's really pretty close with only hints of that N/S energy on other modeling though.
gem_z500_vort_us_21.png

If this little northern stream vort max can just come in a little further west and a tick stronger than depicted, it would phase with the southern stream disturbance earlier and we'd have something here. That's really pretty close with only hints of that N/S energy on other modeling though.
gem_z500_vort_us_21.png
I get the pessimism from many but it’s not likely the models have this nailed 120hrs out, plenty of time to trend better or worse. Seeing a flake for the first time in 2 years is a win so I’ll keep tracking until it’s dry and 45

Probably would be snow if precip got to the NC Piedmont, but without a great cold air source, it’ll be 32-34 degree slopfest that struggles to stick and continually melts from underneath once it does. But I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

I do think this one has legs. Probably well under a 50/50 proposition, but what isn’t around here?
Wait…are we getting sucked in again? We sure are a glutton for punishment.

Back