• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

The College of Dupage site only shows 20 ensemble members out of the 30, but the mean seems to show the mix of all 30 from what I’ve observed. Weatherbell shows all 30.
1708495200-aVyhE2lJB3Q.png

The College of Dupage site only shows 20 ensemble members out of the 30, but the mean seems to show the mix of all 30 from what I’ve observed. Weatherbell shows all 30.
1708495200-aVyhE2lJB3Q.png
Oh yeah I completely forgot that weatherbell had 30 members! Definitely some better members on the other 10. Thanks for posting

gfs_T2m_us_65.png

Just curious what happened to the great pattern that was expected to develop in Feb and keep us cold and snowy through March? Genuine question of what went wrong as I know a lot of respected mets and contributors on here were very excited about Feb.

gfs_T2m_us_65.png

Just curious what happened to the great pattern that was expected to develop in Feb and keep us cold and snowy through March? Genuine question of what went wrong as I know a lot of respected mets and contributors on here were very excited about Feb.
Long range OP GFS is the starting point of the problem

gfs_T2m_us_65.png

Way too early to write off the pattern. The models have a tendency of overextending the jet at this range and then catching up closer to verification.

18z euro continues the trend the moving the S/W in the NW US at day 4-5 further east. Good to see ! This process is crucial to our threat at D8 View attachment 146109
That's a massive move for a long-wave feature inside of four days. Can we keep this trend going? I sure hope so!

When will this actually be sampled ? Ik someone posted that the Pacific Ridging could start to die down as we get closer bc Computers struggling to catch up. But Sampled when Monday? Tuesday ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s nitpicking but I’d rather this thing come in Friday night or overnight Saturday night…. Idk about height of the storm dead afternoon. I thinks that’s happened 3x in my life it’s snowed in daylight

When will this actually be sampled ? Ik someone posted that the Pacific Ridging could start to die down as we get closer bc Computers struggling to catch up. But Sampled when Monday? Tuesday ?

Well judging by the way that the EURO, EPS, and JMA changed this afternoon, I’m fairly certain there was new data put into those models

Back