• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Massive differences at H5 in the eastern Pacific even at 96hrs between the Euro and GFS.
View attachment 146091
View attachment 146092
FWIW the ICON is similar to the GFS and the CMC is decidedly in the Euro's camp. Based on the recent H5 skill scores and my own observations this winter, I'd lean towards the CMC/Euro being more correct but you never know.

We're in eight. Where it goes from here, it hasn't a clue.
ps2png-worker-commands-689fbb6985-grxhs-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-VYPm08.png

Salutations, on a train rn, my stop in Durham coming soon

I’ve been out of the loop for last 36 hours can someone tell me what I should be cheering for/booing/etc because I don’t see much here
Root for the 12z Euro and EPS adjustments to continue.

Any good takeaways? Better western ridge and cold air source centered further east?
It's a step toward the euro with a more suppressed height field and less WSW/SW wind at 850. It's obviously not the 12z euro but it at least gives that euro run some validation that we might be progressing in a better direction

Salutations, on a train rn, my stop in Durham coming soon

I’ve been out of the loop for last 36 hours can someone tell me what I should be cheering for/booing/etc because I don’t see much here

Root for the 12z Euro and EPS adjustments to continue.

^this

Back