• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

It's interesting how so far the 12z op runs all handle the pac interaction different. The icon is the best to really drop arctic cold into the US after the 18th storm..

Icon looks pretty good for the 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you have weathermodels still? UK goes out to 168 on that site and of course our favorite model...the KMA might have something.

I let my subsricption lapse...I was paying like $99/year but they are forcing me to pay $179 so I stopped. Was getting tired of paying money to track rain ...will just stick with weatherbell.
F5 has it too, cheaper than them.

?
prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

This time period is the key. If the northern wave would continue to follow the closed ULL moving inland, this would have been big.
View attachment 146035
Had the northern stream continued to be pulled east and eventually phased, this would have been a widespread 6-12"+ type of event with temps plenty cold enough most likely.

All stems from what happens out west, the trough got pulled east more this run, and digged more because the height field is oriented in a better fashion, and allowed a better cold feed in result, this passes to our NE. The more digging/more quicker it ejects from the western US, the better 3DFB9B33-8105-4DC7-9DFF-96D11591F163.png80C61F3F-AD55-4BF7-8237-B7D9AAA735A3.png5863AFB3-9985-4743-A8F8-40206EDF5F44.gif

Back