• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Are you seeing something that lends to it moving flatter?
i was half joking, but i've never been a fan of the "ULL rolls in and creates a wound-up, tight LLC on the coast" flavor of fantasy storms. They don't have a lot of run to run durability and i generally think of them as paper tigers. i would consider the preceding overrunning event (too warm this run) to yield a lot more potential because of how much more realistic it is. to use basketball terminology it is a higher percentage shot.

This would be something after the way this winter has gone here that's for sure View attachment 145721
Seems like this is trending better and better for you all. Seems like two days ago this wasn't really that big of a deal. Trending in the right direction at the right timeframe! Pulling for yall!

i was half joking, but i've never been a fan of the "ULL rolls in and creates a wound-up, tight LLC on the coast" flavor of fantasy storms. They don't have a lot of run to run durability and i generally think of them as paper tigers. i would consider the preceding overrunning event (too warm this run) to yield a lot more potential because of how much more realistic it is. to use basketball terminology it is a higher percentage shot.

From a meteorological standpoint, these situations hardly work, even when the prevailing seasonal trends have had a series of bombing lows throughout the winter.

From a purely Murphys Law standpoint, I'm slated to go to Greenville, SC to see Disturbed on Feb 20th, so with my luck, this feels like the one time something like this will work in favor for a big winter storm on the very one day I don't want it to happen.

That's not a split. That's a divorce.
gfs_Tz10_nhem_33.png

Back