• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Lol the 18z GFS run went completely wrong with the pattern as a whole and still produced snow in the low country of SC View attachment 145465
Yeah it actually really blew up that low near the Aleutian’s and sent that northern piece vertical down the stove pipe even though it really didn’t dig that much and the PV press looked weaker upon first glance

8C4B5BFE-8962-4217-8A40-2025A8C8FDFA.gifcould suppression be an issue in the long range for the folks north of the NC/SC border? The CPC page has the long range cold, but moisture seems to be lacking. I’m really worried about suppression.

Last edited:
Id definitely be getting fired up for Monday if I lived in the mtns of NC and Shenandoah valley. And paying close attn hwy 64 north from Hendersonville to Triangle to tidewater. Backside has a shot. We need gfs track another 100 miles futher south and someone might get their car top whitened.

yeah,ill be glad when operatiional models start showing some good stuff..you would think with ensembles looking so good we would see some great fantasy stuff
Considering the fact that we are in range of the timeframe after the 20th @griteater was referring to, I won’t be surprised if the GFS starts showing fantasy snowstorms.

A couple weeks ago when we were all tracking on ensembles a 'hit' and what is now suppressed and ots--Huffman posted to not discount the ops runs. He was correct in that scenario

Back