• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

2/20/24 moisture breaking out in Texas with established 540 line down into SC. May have another fantasy storm incoming?
prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

Screwed by a lakes low on 2/17 and on 2/21 per the 12z GFS. That would be awful.

We really need the 50/50 low to get set up in the right spot and bomb out. The C-shape of low heights strung around the davis straights block isn't gonna get it done for us b/c that's promoting the constant great-lakes low train.

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 12.19.40 PM.png

Last edited:
I like the GEPS better...you can see why the placement of the PV in southern Canada is so important. The GEPS was the first to sniff out the stout blocking and I think it will lead the way in the PV progression, it just might be a smidge quick.

View attachment 145347View attachment 145348
The GEPS has seemed to do very well the last few months

Screwed by a lakes low on 2/17 and on 2/21 per the 12z GFS. That would be awful.
Reminds me of Jan outbreak, warms up just in time for moisture to pass through, then as soon as it exits cold and dry comes back in. Surely that want happen to us on two separate occasions within the same season lol. I'm rooting hard and ready for this pattern to get here and see if it can produce. Appreciate all the discussion on it by so many.

We really need the 50/50 low to get set up in the right spot and bomb out. The C-shape of low heights strung around the davis straights block isn't gonna get it done for us b/c that's promoting the constant great-lakes low train.

View attachment 145386
This is why I feel we need to have the PV consolidate further to the east. With it stretched and split into several pieces, the upper level convergence gets interrupted. That's another reason I favor later -- from roughly the 20th ish -- onward as that's when the EPS and CMCE have a better congealing of the PV further east.

View attachment 145386

What has happened? I thought that 50/50 low was anchored until about mid March yesterday. Dang we can’t catch a break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That HP is going to HAVE to be further west or you can hang it up for anyone outside of the mountains.
I was thinking the same thing when forevertothee posted that first map,
Would've been money had it been somewhere between Iowa & Indiana.

Back