• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Bye bye omega ridge of death...you won't be missed

At this point, just having BN temps for as long as possible is victory enough for me.

View attachment 145115
I tend to agree. A string of 52/30 high low spreads for a few weeks will at least be pleasant

This is as far south as you will ever see the subtropical jet stream here on the GEFS as the mean wave in the flow is entering North America south of Baja. That's unheard of. The mean jet stream zonal wind anomalies have steadily moved south from December into February (2nd image), common in robust El Ninos as EWebb showed (at bottom)

gefs_f312.png

Feb 4 Jet.png

That's a tall spiking ridge. What a banger.
View attachment 145129
First time in a while I’ve seen a -NAO with a cooperative pacific (+PNA). Honestly don’t remember the the last time. Feels like we stayed wasting -NAOs on either trash pacific patterns, or decent But very transient pac patterns

Literally every teleconnections here is cooperating. Split flow, +PNA, -NAO/-AO, Alaskan ridge/-EPO, this is a rarity. I can understand the pessimism because nothing has happened this winter, and we’ve failed, but this isn’t gonna be like the last couple of February’s, this is quickly reaching the D10 window now, the building blocks are under that 506DAD76-367F-47C6-83EA-006B1485673F.png549C6606-8EE0-42BF-A8D1-D4483922029C.png

First time in a while I’ve seen a -NAO with a cooperative pacific (+PNA). Honestly don’t remember the the last time. Feels like we stayed wasting -NAOs on either trash pacific patterns, or decent But very transient pac patterns

Hasn't the Indian Ocean convection been messing it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally every teleconnections here is cooperating. Split flow, +PNA, -NAO/-AO, Alaskan ridge/-EPO, this is a rarity. I can understand the pessimism because nothing has happened this winter, and we’ve failed, but this isn’t gonna be like the last couple of February’s, this is quickly reaching the D10 window now, the building blocks are under that View attachment 145130View attachment 145131
that,verbatim would be an overrunning dream

Dang - three tornado warnings out in S GA. One confirmed north of Valdosta
I checked in with my mom in Valdosta. She's always scared when Torns are around. Her text: it's serious at Moody Air Force Base. Torns all over all around. Debris, people hurt. There was a torn on the ground in Ray City a few mins ago. A new on now on ground in Pavo, pass Hahira. Telling now on tv to take cover now. -(that was a couple of mins ago). Yikes

There's the change to colder on the 8 to 14 day outlook
814temp.conus.png

Back