• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

It’s cute and all to gaze at the day 12+ ensembles but eventually we going to need some op runs with the magic.

This ain’t it.

View attachment 144943

let's try this one again....pattern change is cute and all until the OP's start spewing snow where we want it. Last time I ran my mouth on this the GFS heard me.

let's try this one again....pattern change is cute and all until the OP's start spewing snow where we want it. Last time I ran my mouth on this the GFS heard me.
I still agree with you in principle. I’m tired of seeing pretty ensemble means. I want to see a promising pattern with the key features in place inside D5 on the deterministics.

Getting difficult for me to poo poo the upcoming pattern change...the EPS has brought this to day 11-12 now and looks legit. Displaced Aleutian low. One thing I want to see is lipstick red over AK.

Past 4 EPS runs centered on 2/16

View attachment 145097
Yeah, even with these heights over Alaska, they’re modeled a big warm up next weekend… Fairbanks for example is modeled to have highs in the 20s by the end of next weekend. Typically when you see a warm up like that in the interior of Alaska this time of the year, the cold is headed southeast

Yeah, even with these heights over Alaska, they’re modeled a big warm up next weekend… Fairbanks for example is modeled to have highs in the 20s by the end of next weekend. Typically when you see a warm up like that in the interior of Alaska this time of the year, the cold is headed southeast

Like a 50 degree warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still agree with you in principle. I’m tired of seeing pretty ensemble means. I want to see a promising pattern with the key features in place inside D5 on the deterministics.
I don't want to overthink/analyze day 10+ GFS op runs but they diverge so much from it's ensembles. The op day 10+ stretches/splits the PV and sends a piece to Quebec/Newfoundland and sends the other part to British Columbia. That would be awful.

But it's the OP, it doesn't show what we want so we toss...
gfs-deterministic-nhemi-z500_barbs-8171200.png

I don't want to overthink/analyze day 10+ GFS op runs but they diverge so much from it's ensembles. The op day 10+ stretches/splits the PV and sends a piece to Quebec/Newfoundland and sends the other part to British Columbia. That would be awful.

But it's the OP, it doesn't show what we want so we toss...
View attachment 145106
Regardless of what it shows, I think a heavy lean on the EPS Mean is the way to go for now. That's usually a good play anytime, but especially so with El Nino / Split Flow / High Latitude Blocking. Also, I feel like the Euro suite has had the hot hand this winter when models have diverged.

Regardless of what it shows, I think a heavy lean on the EPS Mean is the way to go for now. That's usually a good play anytime, but especially so with El Nino / Split Flow / High Latitude Blocking. Also, I feel like the Euro suite has had the hot hand this winter when models have diverged.
Can we not clutch the GEPS...I like this one. I can only imagine the snow mean.

cmc-ensemble-all-avg-namer-z500_anom_5day-8344000.png

Back