• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

We rode up that way yesterday we have a family cemetery off 221 in crossnore it was ripping snow hard between 930-11am.
I love that little area in Avery county in Crossnore near the nurserys right beside 221. I Go through there often straight up 221 from Rutherford county to my grandparents in Sw Virginia. Love that area.

It's official we tied for 3rd warmest February View attachment 146947
Brent, as bad as you have had it out in your area this winter it has been worse in the Carolinas east of the mountains the last 2 winters. I haven't had one flake of snow last winter or this winter. Not even a legit chance and I average around 7.5 inches a winter. Next year we will be going for 3 straight snowless winters. I just seen one snowless in my life 2011-12 up till then in my 41 years. Then last year 22-23 and now 23-24 back to back. I know you had a horrible no words to describe winter in your area but if you were in the upstate SC low country foothills NC piedmont NC eastern NC southern and central Georgia it has been way worse than your area if you can believe that. I would give anything to see that inch of snow you got or just to see some snow fall. I know you had a horrible winter but we have had 2 in a row with nada nothing. Hoping things get better for us all in the snow department and your area.

Brent, as bad as you have had it out in your area this winter it has been worse in the Carolinas east of the mountains the last 2 winters. I haven't had one flake of snow last winter or this winter. Not even a legit chance and I average around 7.5 inches a winter. Next year we will be going for 3 straight snowless winters. I just seen one snowless in my life 2011-12 up till then in my 41 years. Then last year 22-23 and now 23-24 back to back. I know you had a horrible no words to describe winter in your area but if you were in the upstate SC low country foothills NC piedmont NC eastern NC southern and central Georgia it has been way worse than your area if you can believe that. I would give anything to see that inch of snow you got or just to see some snow fall. I know you had a horrible winter but we have had 2 in a row with nada nothing. Hoping things get better for us all in the snow department and your area.

Yeah I know it's been rough. Heck my parents live in Alabama and I know they haven't seen anything either. I think that's some of where my frustration has come from it wasn't just here persay there was so many times we as a region were so close to something big and yeah something always went wrong. It didn't help that a lot of people hyped this winter and said no way it could be as bad again and yeah

I'm pretty sure though things have to flip soon

Yeah I know it's been rough. Heck my parents live in Alabama and I know they haven't seen anything either. I think that's some of where my frustration has come from it wasn't just here persay there was so many times we as a region were so close to something big and yeah something always went wrong. It didn't help that a lot of people hyped this winter and said no way it could be as bad again and yeah

I'm pretty sure though things have to flip soon
Well, they could flip to even warmer, lol

I think the only thing that saves from a record warm winter here is the week in January because even December was 7th warmest just abysmal

Max - 75.2
Min - 20.3
Avg - 48.6
Rain - 3.09"

February was 9.6 degrees warmer on average than January.

Back