• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 19-20 Possible Front-End Snow/Ice Thump

Weve now had rain 4 out of the last 5 days with temps in the 32.5-35 degree range.

If you go back and look at yesterdays 12Z stuff, ICON and HRDPS seemed like it had the dry slot handled the best. 3k NAM too. But yea, we need to remember this kind of setup and if we see some models show that, we better take notice.

Had a decent front end snow. Would have liked to seen it before the sleet and ZR made if mushy. We are at 32/30 so busted high on temp too. Probably a good thing.

Here you go this should help with your map later, .1 maybe .15? All IP it appears....must've been a nice pingerfest for a bit last night. Hate I missed it but 4:30 comes early lol
db828eef3ce28ef34fede1179fcc9bcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm working on it atm! Definitely helps a lot considering there are hardly any surface observations out your way!

Lol I must’ve gotten lucky with this event, my porch looked exactly like @metwannabe ‘s , .1 sweet spot ??‍♂️❄️

Possibly! I also am not sure how many other folks around you correctly noted the light accumulation of snow/sleet on elevated surfaces but who tf cares, it's better to at least think you were in the sweet spot :p!

Lol I must’ve gotten lucky with this event, my porch looked exactly like @metwannabe ‘s , .1 sweet spot ??‍♂️❄️
It does look suspect seeing that .2 at my location and nowhere around me, but that's why I sent that pic.... it takes about .15 or .2 to be able to leave footprints like I did lol

Back