• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

Full day of sun, clouds roll in preventing RC, its gonna take some work to get sfc down to freezing from the mid 40s. Triad will be in for some ice, but I have major doubts for Chatham and Wake counties. That feed better be fierce or its another 32.5 degree rain like last time.

I was wondering about that! It’s 47 here and dp up to 27. Think this will be another cold rain too. Of course it will since we actually prepared for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about that! It’s 47 here and dp up to 27. Think this will be another cold rain too. Of course it will since we actually prepared for this one.

Might be some from Liberty-Snow Camp in our county and NW of there, just like last time. Will be watching anyway bc of the dry air not too far away from us.

42/22 @ Greensboro PTI. Clouds got less than 3 hrs to get here and save us, gives us a shot. Temps will radiate like a rock from 5:50ish till 7:00. We will be solidly below freezing by 7pm if its clear at sunset. Then be looking at 32/22 terriotory instead of 42/22.

Temp and DP flying up here, we might just get lucky and keep icing to a minimum. 43/22

EDIT, just went out and rechecked and now it says 41/18

NWS Blend has fallen way off a cliff with totals:

framexp_acc.us_state_nc_va.png
You’re seeing the more traditional CAD areas increasing near blue ridge and less further East. 18Z HRRR kind of alluding to that.

Might be some from Liberty-Snow Camp in our county and NW of there, just like last time. Will be watching anyway bc of the dry air not too far away from us.

I was worried about this one because tv Mets hyped it up and hubby told me to prepare the house and he would fill propane tanks today Now I feel like telling him it’s looking like a cold rain! But again like you say, being so close can’t let guards down just yet.

Back