• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

31.6/30 with a light drizzle west of WInston.
Still only an ice glazing well less than 0.05" on elevated surfaces.
The ground is wet and still way too warm.
The deck stairs started glazing over. ?
I guess I'll take the dogs out the garage door so they don't kill themselves on the stairs. They're Florida dogs that don't know what ice is. ?

Lol it’s so weird, the areas that are more sheltered but still can accumulate mist/lighter stuff that can be blown around are the ones that have a little glaze but the stuff that’s not really sheltered where heavier stuff can fall are mostly liquid, neat.
@Webberweather53 add that big ol T on your map for concord

Just took another Jeb Walk. I guess there’s a tiny bit of ice on my car, but that’s about it. Not even noticing any on the trees yet.

Definitely seeing ice start to form on the deck out back and I can even see it starting to make ice layers on my chair outside .. still it’s a wet ice but it’s not beginning the accrual process

Just took another Jeb Walk. I guess there’s a tiny bit of ice on my car, but that’s about it. Not even noticing any on the trees yet.
Also have some legit -ZR falling now as opposed to ZDR. Picked up on my walk, which was just lovely. ?

About to go to bed soon, so we’ll see what happens overnight. Going to need temperatures to drop a little more to get anything appreciable, I think. It’s just so marginal now.

Also, what’s up with all this N/S CAD lately? Henderson outperforming the Triad for CAD, WTF? I remember the E/W gradient being more pronounced than N/S with these, but I guess “things just don’t work like they used to no more”.

Back