• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Fast food

Fast food

• McDonalds

• Zaxby’s

• Chik fil A

• Wendy’s

• Bojangles

• Popeyes

• Wack in a box

• Arby’s

• Cook out

• Checkers

Results are only viewable after voting.
So my wife made me shrimp and mushroom skewers for Father's day. I'm a mushroom fanatic. I'm also one of very few people I know that eats mushrooms. Why are they so hated? There is so much flavor to be found in those things it baffles me how they can be detested by so many.
It’s chanterelle season now. One of my favorites with morels not far behind.

I've changed my vote to wendys based solely on their fries and nuggets. They are top notch. Also since the move I've been hitting up tons of new places and have had some great stuff so far. There's a Mexican place down here named San Felipe and they have the best rice and really good Alambre. There's a bakery that does croissants with endless combos filling glazes and toppings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_202122_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_202122_Gallery.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230915_202148_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_202148_Gallery.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 16
The price of everything in this country today is laughable including fast food. No reason for prices like this at all on anything.
Fast food prices have ran me off. Taco Hell is the only one I kept on my rotation. Pretty much ditched the others. I've added and frequent a couple of local mom & pop establishments now. They seemed to have done a better job keeping their prices in check. ..and Five Guys hamburgers, very good burgers and fries, cost $20 for a single/small combo and they had the freaking nerves to add a tip option to their card machines.

Last edited:
Slim Chickens just opened up a few months ago near my work in the Fort Mill area. Definitely gives Zaxbys a run for its money. Better service, fries and drinks with some wraps on the menu. They also give you a free brownie if you fill out an online survey. Name is definitely misleading. Nothing “slim” about it.

Slim Chickens just opened up a few months ago near my work in the Fort Mill area. Definitely gives Zaxbys a run for its money. Better service, fries and drinks with some wraps on the menu. They also give you a free brownie if you fill out an online survey. Name is definitely misleading. Nothing “slim” about it.
Looks good ! They are in two smaller towns in Al. Strange how companies pick and choose areas to open up in, verses the largest towns .

Local smoke house has a special right now. Bbq sandwich with different sauce types, there's only one and it's eastern NC style, a side and drink for $5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_214521_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_214521_Gallery.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 6
I had Tacos La Villa in Kennesaw today. The carnitas were life changing. I knew it was going to be good when we were the only two gringos in the place. Metric crap ton of food for a cheap price.

Menu hacks...Arby's edition.

You want 2 beef and cheddars?
Option 1, order 2 beef & cheddars... $5.29 each x 2 = $11.58
Option 2, order 2 roast beefs with cheddar on the side = 2 for $6, plus $0.50 each for cheddar = $7.00
Got any hacks for how to disguise the poop running down my pants after this ?

Menu hacks...Arby's edition.

You want 2 beef and cheddars?
Option 1, order 2 beef & cheddars... $5.29 each x 2 = $11.58
Option 2, order 2 roast beefs with cheddar on the side = 2 for $6, plus $0.50 each for cheddar = $7.00
A few more “hacks”..

Wendy’s app has double burger for $2, not sure when this ends. Think it’s a one time use.

Pot Belly app (new user) buy one sandwich get one free next time (within 3 weeks). I did this like 5 times with new emails and it worked. Just use random phone numbers.

Not food, Citi AA card spend $2,500 in 3 months and you get 50k AA miles. $99 annual fee waived first year (cancel card before 1 year anniversary). Obviously you need to pay off your monthly bill here.

Enjoy the free sammies and flights boys.

Food/cleanse hack: go to Taco Bell, get the 5$ box. Stay within walking distance of a toilet for 12 hours! All that for 5$, no insurance needed! You’re welcome

Back