• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Still no rain for weeks! #FUDORIAN
Another mega September ridge incoming. Maybe we will get a fall like air mass by December
ab410cab7926ca056f49c45e0300abcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another mega September ridge incoming. Maybe we will get a fall like air mass by December
ab410cab7926ca056f49c45e0300abcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

no We know how early December works, winter storm, them torch, then we see a “favorable” pattern in the long range, we talk about how there’s gonna be many sleepless nights, then as time gets closer, the SER makes itself known, cherry trees bloom early, we then get 1 week or brutal cold, but to cold and to suppressed for snow, then the Bermuda high revs up its fryers with return flow with brief icing for the blue ridge/cad areas that birdman makes a thread on about, and we get a decent amount of rain from it, and it warms up, same thing happens February, then March we get major AK ridging, and ridging trying to set up on Greenland, and it gets cold, with a few wintry threats, but we still manage to squeeze in a severe weather threat, especially at the end of March

Last edited:
I'm good on rain given how August and the start of September has been, but I'm pretty disappointed that it appears that a real fall is a long way away.

Weather pattern currently is eerily similar to the same time in 2016. Looks like September will be mostly very warm/hot, but with lower dew points, so we won't have the oppressive humidity to go with it.

no We know how early December works, winter storm, them torch, then we see a “favorable” pattern in the long range, we talk about how there’s gonna be many sleepless nights, then as time gets closer, the SER makes itself known, cherry trees bloom early, we then get 1 week or brutal cold, but to cold and to suppressed for snow, then the Bermuda high revs up its fryers with return flow with brief icing for the blue ridge/cad areas, and we get a decent amount of rain from it, and it warms up, same thing happens February, then March we get major AK ridging, and ridging trying to set up on Greenland, and it gets cold, with a few wintry threats, but we still manage to squeeze in a severe weather threat, especially at the end of March

I laughed.

So detailed.

Thanks to Jimmy, I was spending most of my last hour or so looking at the old Xanadu Hotel and learning a bit about Howard Hughes.

Howard Hughes was a very interesting man that led a very interesting life that designed or played in part in designing a lot of things. He apparently made the first HAM radio in his area and also played a part in designing the modern hospital bed.

It's a shame that hotel has been abandoned, but sadly as recent as 2011, a timeshare resort deal was still sending people to that hotel. Where there was no air conditioning, no food, beverages, or ice nearby, no internet, and no staff or people around willing to help people with the essentials of life on what's supposed to be a vacation.

Oh, and to boot, the elevators were dodgy too.

Anyway, hopefully the Bahamas are able to rebuild after the impact of Dorian is over.

Last edited:
Thanks to Jimmy, I was spending most of my last hour or so looking at the old Xanadu Hotel and learning a bit about Howard Hughes.

Howard Hughes was a very interesting man that led a very interesting life that designed or played in part in designing a lot of things. He apparently made the first HAM radio in his area and also played a part in designing the modern hospital bed.

It's a shame that hotel has been abandoned, but sadly as recent as 2011, a timeshare resort deal was still sending people to that hotel. Where there was no air conditioning, no food, beverages, or ice nearby, no internet, and no staff or people around willing to help people with the essentials of life on what's supposed to be a vacation.

Oh, and to boot, the elevators were dodgy too.

Anyway, hopefully the Bahamas are able to rebuild after the impact of Dorian is over.
? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to send you off on that tangent ??‍♂️

Ronald Acuña needs 2 games off. Snit should have rested him against Chicago last weekend. I don’t understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back