• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
c1a33ea74e5311cf65e849f5ae4f203e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang I'm looking and the statement I made on at least last year was correct. It was so warm early in October and even though Michael got rid of the real summer like stuff mostly, it didn't drop off a cliff until after the 17th. For the last two weeks, the highest temp was 80 and there was a lot of mid 70s, mixed in with 60s and one 50.

That was going to be my next post. There's so much wrong with the Falcons that I think this is the end of the era of some guys (and I don't mean just Quinn and Dimitroff either) even if Blank doesn't want it to be. And it really began what will be three years ago next February. It appears you truly don't survive an embarrassment like what happened then.

I really felt meh about that season too coming in.

I'd prefer Fromm get drafted into a better situation than what this is though. He is playing so well so far that he might prove his naysayers wrong on where he gets drafted, but I'd like to see him go to a team that has a better OL and better play calling. Best case is he gets drafted to a playoff team and can sit for a while.

The point with me saying this is the end of an era is this really doesn't just look like fire coaches (and probably also reassign Dimitroff because Blank can be too loyal) and change things again, it looks like a rebuild to boot.

It's pretty sickening if you're actual buyers of the talent on the team and still think you can recreate 16/17, but I truly believe this looks like a rebuild. At some point, changing the voices in the room doesn't matter. My dad is on the harsher side, but in a season where I believe the Falcons actually went 13-3 seven years ago, when they were in the process of losing to the Panthers in Charlotte (which happened), he said something along the lines of this (as I was playing video games in my parents bedroom), these are overpaid lazy pieces of ****.

What good does sticking with Ryan do if its a rebuild like I believe? He's not getting any younger. He could have a lot of good playing time left like a Brady, but for example, Carson Palmer's last season where he played some was at 38, and Ryan is 34.

Needless to say, Blank is also not getting younger (he's not much younger than my grandma and my grandma sadly passed earlier this year in the spring from dementia), and he likely does not want to blow up the team. So, we'll likely continue bashing our heads in for a while.

There is so much wrong with the team.

Maybe Ryan isnt the biggest problem but he will never be the guy to bring a Super Bowl trophy to Atl. Time to start over.

Maybe Ryan isnt the biggest problem but he will never be the guy to bring a Super Bowl trophy to Atl. Time to start over.

He isn’t a issue at all. This defense will never bring a SB trophy to Atlanta. I agree with you on one point. The falcons need to start to rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually thinking about the young OLinemen that have been drafted, it might not be as bad off, but it still looks bad. I think the orders of the offseason are:

Clean house in the coaching staff.
Like I said above, reassign Dimitroff. He won't get his walking papers because of Blank being too loyal but he needs to be reassigned.
Everybody outside of the younger players is available via trade. Grady, Deion, the three young OL, and Ridley stay. Listen on everyone else. It doesn't automatically mean trade but if you get a big return, do it.
Hit on your evaluations on defense in the draft with the new staff.
If you're in position to, draft a young QB to "possibly" sit for a year or so. I think you also need to get a new versatile RB. Freeman is cooked. If you can't get a good return via trade for him, I think there is some wording in his contract that can let you let him go after this year.

That's it from me. There are obviously other things to do though. Because of my world burning mentality, I actually if I could get a huge return, would trade Julio and Ryan to the Bears in season. I'm deathly afraid that the Saints close it this time once Brees gets back. If the Bears had them, they'd be much more in danger. But that's not likely so if the Falcons rebuild and Saints do close the deal, I can safely ignore the NFL for a little while.

Thankfully bonnafon showed he can progress the ball in a forward direction so the Panthers might actually give cmc an occasional break.

On the other side Minshew is legit

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That mustache is pimp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back