• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleasantly surprised. It's still an uphill battle but unlike the 2013 LDS, I think Soroka is slightly different from rookie Julio and if he's himself, you have your best game 3 matchup in a while. If it goes well I think you have this series. You're also fighting the Falcons suck bug that has been infectious on Sundays though since they've started.

I will say this though, from what I've been watching, if Snitker is too willing to stick with Melancon, it could be seriously costly. They've been all over what he's thrown. He did get through it, but Max Fried is looking a lot like what Lance McCullers showed in the playoffs and they really should think about being more willing to use him a little more since he's not starting.

I was pleasantly surprised. It's still an uphill battle but unlike the 2013 LDS, I think Soroka is slightly different from rookie Julio and if he's himself, you have your best game 3 matchup in a while. If it goes well I think you have this series. You're also fighting the Falcons suck bug that has been infectious on Sundays though since they've started.

I will say this though, from what I've been watching, if Snitker is too willing to stick with Melancon, it could be seriously costly. They've been all over what he's thrown. He did get through it, but Max Fried is looking a lot like what Lance McCullers showed in the playoffs and they really should think about being more willing to use him a little more since he's not starting.
I understand wanting to yank Melancon’s job but they really put him in a bad spot Thursday night asking him to get 4 outs. You can’t do that. Melancon wasn’t perfect tonight either but I just think he’s been the guy in the second half of
the season for the Braves and you can’t strip him of his badge now. You ride him til the wheels fall off even though it appears the Cards have his number. Fried and Green need to pitch in the 7th and 8th and Melancon should always be the guy in the 9th in a close game. Luke Jackson needs to be a last resort. I do like him but honestly I get nauseous every time he trots out. When he’s on he’s on, though.

It's Fall y'all!!
670b248a913727a3fff73777cf54acbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised that the Nationals won late last night but they will HAVE to figure out a way to win a game without Scherzer or Strasburg pitching in relief for it to get really interesting. I thought they'd win a game, maybe two but eventually lose in their normal fashion in the NLDS (the only difference being they're not favored this time).

The big deal with them is they're actually a pretty good team but games are never over when you play them because of how bad their relief corps is and it really feels like they only trust 2 actual relievers. Doolittle (and he went and still gave up a massive bomb) and Hudson (who nearly blew it).

I'm not surprised that the Nationals won late last night but they will HAVE to figure out a way to win a game without Scherzer or Strasburg pitching in relief for it to get really interesting. I thought they'd win a game, maybe two but eventually lose in their normal fashion in the NLDS (the only difference being they're not favored this time).

The big deal with them is they're actually a pretty good team but games are never over when you play them because of how bad their relief corps is and it really feels like they only trust 2 actual relievers. Doolittle (and he went and still gave up a massive bomb) and Hudson (who nearly blew it).
Dodgers were outmatched last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back