• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AL West isnt much worse than the NL East honestly. Their 2nd best team had the same record as the Braves and their worst team (Mariners) was much better than the Marlins.
Give me Phillies, Mets, Nationals, Braves over Angels Rangers Athletics Astros any day of the week. I’m not sure an argument can even be made the other way

So, you're gonna get some predictions and overall thoughts from me here...

I think if the Braves win Thursday (tomorrow now), the streak of futility ends in the NLDS this year with a series won in 4. I don't think this series will be played how the Braves probably prefer (scoring a lot of runs) but they've shown that they can play low scoring games and grind. Mikolas goes game 1 since Flaherty had to go game 162 and getting him is a slight break compared to Hudson. He can do well but he mostly is in the strike zone and has been hammered on the road. Everything sets up for the game one and NLDS losing streak to end.

The biggest lineup worries are probably Edman, Goldy, and Ozuna. Edman is a prime example of Cardinals devil magic and the Braves haven't done well against new MLB players at times. Goldy has killed the Braves at times. Ozuna has crushed the ball into bad luck this year.

I think the Nationals give LA a challenge. They won't be able to pull out a SP to hold them until they're able to rally in this case but I just do...lol. I think they lose though in heartbreaking fashion, just like they always have. The series goes 4 or 5 and is tougher than some expect (although an unkept secret is analysts will say this).

I think the A's win today and give Houston more problems than people are thinking. They played them hard in the regular season and you'll have familiarity. Same as the above though, I'm not picking an upset.

Twins-Yankees could be fun but the Twins sadly never beat the Yankees in the postseason.

No more for now but I will say, in some ways I get vibes that the Braves might do what the Brewers did last year and put it together to push LA further than thought.

Give me Phillies, Mets, Nationals, Braves over Angels Rangers Athletics Astros any day of the week. I’m not sure an argument can even be made the other way
The top 2 teams in the AL West are better than the top 2 in the NL East. So that means the AL West has a better team in the 1, 2, and 5 spot. I agree that Phils and Mets are better than the Rangers and Angels.

The top 2 teams in the AL West are better than the top 2 in the NL East. So that means the AL West has a better team in the 1, 2, and 5 spot. I agree that Phils and Mets are better than the Rangers and Angels.
The Nationals would smoke The A’s in a 7 game series

ab93404c1ed297b3d766ad4a2e5a94c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The A's went 35-27 against above .500 teams including notably, 8-11 against Houston (this is actually an interesting mark because of how freaking good Houston is), 4-2 vs the Yankees, and 4-3 vs the team they're facing in the WC tonight (although they lost the run differential battle).

I totally wouldn't discount them. They definitely completely snuck up again this year though. They started off badly and then I'm looking up near the all star break, and here we go again with another team that stumbled out of the gate then got hot.

They also, as all of the good AL teams did, took mad advantage of some absolutely awful AL teams. Because of that factor I would say it's close between them and Washington.

The Rays did it differently, so I think it's not surprising if people think they're better. They started off very hot before going into a slide, and after a slow start by the Yankees, the Yankees went on a absolutely unreal run. Morton could get them to the ALDS though. I say the A's win the game but either outcome wouldn't surprise me.

Neither deserve to face Houston lol, but I think the A's can give them a fight. They will lose in typical A's fashion though if it is them in the ALDS.

Welp

I did it.

I managed to last 3 months without an earwax blockage.

That ended today. I couldn't stand how itchy my right ear was so instead of being smart and grabbing my leftover medicine for eczema in the ear, I stuck my finger in my ear (dumb). I had a lot of earwax there (it surprised me) and I just ended up spreading it out and when I went to get the thing that's supposed to flush out extra earwax I just made it worse.

Gahhhh...

I'm going out today for an orientation so I might just leave my house after lunch and go to the urgent care clinic that's downtown by myself (the orientation is also downtown) to get it taken care of the same day. I've been through this garbage (mostly self inflicted) several times so I know how I feel after its done and that I can drive (although it's been said its risky to do it).

But this is garbage. Garbage. Its another thing that's happened since last year, I've fallen into a pattern of not being able to keep my ears open and free of wax.

The good news though is while I stopped talking about it, my mom recovered well from her surgery and is nearing the end of what she needs to do to get a breast implant.

All this baseball crap!
Let’s focus on who knocked Clemson out of 1st place!!! Go Heels!!!!
Yes, it wasn’t a win , but still a spanking of an overrated team! Dabo was sweating bullets , I assure you! Well don Tarheels!

GSP's Oct 3 record is 92, which has stood since 1884. We're breaking 135 year old records, people.

All this baseball crap!
Let’s focus on who knocked Clemson out of 1st place!!! Go Heels!!!!
Yes, it wasn’t a win , but still a spanking of an overrated team! Dabo was sweating bullets , I assure you! Well don Tarheels!
Maybe they will give out rings or hang a banner

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back