• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
24b19df4b668a6b521097ad10c81a69f.jpg

The EPS has verified more closely than the GEFS. So, the answer likely falls closer to the EPS and maybe even very close to the EPS imo. The GEFS is so often full of fake news, folks.

The freezer option is not for the SE anyway, He's mainly talking about the upper midwest/Plains. I wish he would be more specific in his posts.

Last edited:
Kinda sucks that @Myfrotho704_ and @Webberweather53 along with other knowledgeable posters have stopped paying attention to the Friday ice threat, we kinda need their input ATM.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

The Friday Ice threat will be nothing more then brief glaze in trees. For a hr or two. Mostly in the mountains maybe extreme northern Greenville county sc that’s it. Not much to this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is our first winter test of the season. Man, we are rusty! Hope we get all the kinks worked out before the real deal comes along.
I mean I looked away for two seconds yesterday and when I looked back Alabama was getting a couple inches of snow. Sometimes the anafrontal snow maps catch me off guard

I mean I looked away for two seconds yesterday and when I looked back Alabama was getting a couple inches of snow. Sometimes the anafrontal snow maps catch me off guard
It was well forecast, if you had been following southernwx.com for the last 10 days! :p

This is our first winter test of the season. Man, we are rusty! Hope we get all the kinks worked out before the real deal comes along.
Yep , severe season is 3 weeks away, oh wait, we can’t even do that right

Been inside 4 walls with no windows since sunup ... quick question ... how's the weather ... :oops:

Nothing all that newsworthy for most outside of AL and nearby in sight but delightfully near to slightly warmer than normal winter wx for next 2 weeks overall. Newsworthy for most awaits til January rumor has it. In the meantime, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to enjoy your cold front as it is the only one you’ve got! I sure am as I just had a great walk!

Last edited:
Nothing all that newsworthy for most outside of AL and nearby in sight but delightfully near to slightly warmer than normal winter wx for next 2 weeks overall. Newsworthy for most awaits til January rumor has it. In the meantime, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to enjoy your cold front as it is the only one you’ve got! I sure am as I just had a great walk!

As much as the models have flipped in the extended forecasts, I wouldn't be betting any money on the weather for the next 2-3 weeks. It has gone form a torch December, to 1-2 weeks of warm weather before Christmas, to colder than normal the rest of the month, to 2 weeks of above normal to normal temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back