• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you like shorts and flip flops....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just sayin' we've been preaching doom and death when it comes to the weather lately. All of a sudden we're tracking some potential flurries and a potentially record breaking cold snap, and everybody goes back to the ol' "Ohhhh can't have snow in November! That means DJF is poop!" Maybe some (tempered) optimism would be nice for a change?

I'm just sayin' we've been preaching doom and death when it comes to the weather lately. All of a sudden we're tracking some potential flurries and a potentially record breaking cold snap, and everybody goes back to the ol' "Ohhhh can't have snow in November! That means DJF is poop!" Maybe some (tempered) optimism would be nice for a change?

You’re still young, winter hasn’t scared you yet. It will come. We all want great winters and to be happy but unfortunately the past few years have jaded most of use. It is what it is.

You’re still young, winter hasn’t scared you yet. It will come. We all want great winters and to be happy but unfortunately the past few years have jaded most of use. It is what it is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't like the superstitious approach to winter, which seems rather prevalent here.

Anyone know when Lowes does their clearance on shrubs and trees? I caught the end of it late in November last year and got knockout roses for $3 and 5 gallon green giants for $8. I'm trying to catch the front end of the sale this year to get some crepe myrtles but a 30 minute ride for nothing sucks. I guess I could call

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lowes in Erwin you mean?
They have shrubs on sale now.
EDIT: Do not see them anywhere in the catalog, so check with the Lowes store in erwin for the shrubs. ?

You chiclets better enjoy this bout of wannabe winter in November, because summer 2.0 (i.e. December) is probably on the horizon!

Sadly, 5F above average in Dec is par for the course this decade.

View attachment 25466
I’m ready for my decisively deplorable dumpster fire December

You chiclets better enjoy this bout of wannabe winter in November, because summer 2.0 (i.e. December) is probably on the horizon!

Sadly, 5F above average in Dec is par for the course this decade.

View attachment 25466
My +5-7 December is looking better and better

Lowes in Erwin you mean?
They have shrubs on sale now.
EDIT: Do not see them anywhere in the catalog, so check with the Lowes store in erwin for the shrubs.
I went Saturday grabbed some knockout roses, crepe myrtles, and a chaste tree which I'm way excited about

Aside from the start of the 2017-18 cold outbreak, I can't think of a single significant Arctic outbreak for the Southeast in any December since 2011. Days with low temperatures below 25 degrees have been very rare during this string of AN Decembers. Even last year after the winter storm most areas with snowpack couldn't even reach the teens. Has any location in the Southeast set a record low temperature for any date in December since 2011 at all?

I totally missed Kirk 50/50 2019-2020 winter outlook, might be interesting for my Georgia friends. Per his normal analysis is straight down the line. That’s why I call him Kirk 50/50 Mellish. I will note he believes we will see some panhandle hookers and Miller Bs.

I went Saturday grabbed some knockout roses, crepe myrtles, and a chaste tree which I'm way excited about

Advice on the chaste tree: Deadhead the spent flowers to encourage more flowers. It's imperative you do this to keep it flowering through the summer into autumn. A client of mine had a chaste tree installed this past spring and the blue flowers the tree produces were stunning throughout the summer. It still had some flowers on it as of last week.

good can’t wait I know one of my suggestions will be picked I worked hard

Advice on the chaste tree: Deadhead the spent flowers to encourage more flowers. It's imperative you do this to keep it flowering through the summer into autumn. A client of mine had a chaste tree installed this past spring and the blue flowers the tree produces were stunning throughout the summer. It still had some flowers on it as of last week.
That's good to know..I probably wouldn't have done that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back