• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Gefs is interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
be7836bd2929ca7d76dbd11c3c7e4395.jpg

Ukmet would be a March 2009 type hammer job for the same locations if it wasn't a touch too warm at the surface. If we got a 5h low like it depicts I'd imagine there would be more snow accumulation under the heaviest bands. It's showing -4 850s and -2 925 temps in a lot of locations and depicting them around 36-37 at the surface with rain.

Gefs is interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
be7836bd2929ca7d76dbd11c3c7e4395.jpg
A few ensembles skewing this a bit .. but in terms of trends if we want to get some snow out of this I could certainly see these trends being favorable. If we can get a good bowling ball upper low set up over us we can get cold enough air up too along with higher rates to be able to overcome these boundary layer temps .. long way to go here but it’s interesting to be able to get a trend like this as we close in on 100 hours

A few ensembles skewing this a bit .. but in terms of trends if we want to get some snow out of this I could certainly see these trends being favorable. If we can get a good bowling ball upper low set up over us we can get cold enough air up too along with higher rates to be able to overcome these boundary layer temps .. long way to go here but it’s interesting to be able to get a trend like this as we close in on 100 hours
There’s a few good members this run

short range models are coming tomorrow for this weekend event . Can a mod start a thread?

Ukmet would be a March 2009 type hammer job for the same locations if it wasn't a touch too warm at the surface. If we got a 5h low like it depicts I'd imagine there would be more snow accumulation under the heaviest bands. It's showing -4 850s and -2 925 temps in a lot of locations and depicting them around 36-37 at the surface with rain.
Yeah, realistically that’s likely 32-33 with heavy snow.

Back