• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

this would be horrible for the canes stadium game - 2 weeks away so hopefully this will change significantly. Good thing it’s just one run of the gfs

Attachments

• 1675488635299.png
    1675488635299.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 90
Now that’s a legit southeast ridge that can produce long lasting really warm temperatures. Something that I’ve been expecting to see for a while now with all of its hype for the passed month. Maybe the legit thing is coming soon in the mean time the medium and short range continues to throw us decent troughs. 016BDEB4-8B6E-4F28-9D3C-8E70F4612196.jpeg

13-14 would qualify too, if I remember correctly.
2014-15, as well. It was a trash winter with the exception of a two week period in the last half of February that had a big sleet storm and then a 6” event at the end of the month.

Now that’s a legit southeast ridge that can produce long lasting really warm temperatures. Something that I’ve been expecting to see for a while now with all of its hype for the passed month. Maybe the legit thing is coming soon in the mean time the medium and short range continues to throw us decent troughs. View attachment 132105
I'm about ready for spring too! However,we've seen similar looks at 300 plus hrs. and 240 it is transient. It seems as the models are almost always returning to Climo feb LA Nina after 300hrs.( Strong SE ridge) I'm sure it must be formatted to be likely in their program so there has to be strong evidence otherwise to see something much different.

Now that’s a legit southeast ridge that can produce long lasting really warm temperatures. Something that I’ve been expecting to see for a while now with all of its hype for the passed month. Maybe the legit thing is coming soon in the mean time the medium and short range continues to throw us decent troughs. View attachment 132105

The same SE ridge that's been sitting over the East Coast this past month?

Yeah that one

compday.RmhnvvUxnk.gif

80s in Feb has been a thing the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's actually modelling a little cooler in Bham this year for a 3rd year la nina. In feb 1976( a 3rd year la nina) we were dominated by upper 60s to upper 70s for the whole month . We had 14 days above 70 and only had 5 days with highs under 60 degrees the whole month. The next winter was brutally cold!

Quite a few interesting GEFS members at 06z for next weekend .. no crazy big storm but if we can get the trough orientation right and give some energy enough time to round the bend there’s certainly a chance to see some snow. Maybe a snow squall type of scenerio. But likely another decent cold shot on the way!

Quite a few interesting GEFS members at 06z for next weekend .. no crazy big storm but if we can get the trough orientation right and give some energy enough time to round the bend there’s certainly a chance to see some snow. Maybe a snow squall type of scenerio. But likely another decent cold shot on the way!
I'll take it any way I can get it.

Back