• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Was 38 here in Brunswick when I left work. Absolutely raw today! Going home this weekend where it's warm..lol

Already saw a tree with a few pink buds can’t confirm if it was cherry though, but yeah Wednesday probably 70s with westerly flow, and Friday 70s in the WAA regime ahead the front
I haven’t noticed any yet down my way. Typically it’s the Bradford pears that the buds will come up first and unfortunately I have plenty of those.

D69316AF-A042-48B1-ACA2-2BC3B31AAFFD.jpegSo you were saying Roanoke does bad in marginal setups with CAA? Is it downsloping?
It’s many things. Lower elevation, city heat island and my most favorite idea is how the mountains are orientated. When cold air comes from the NW thru the mountains it takes a lot to seep in. The worse thing I’ve realized after all these years is the way warm air funnels perfectly into Roanoke using the mountains to the west. I’ve lost count of the amount of embarrassing marginal cold air snow events be complete duds.

It’s many things. Lower elevation, city heat island and my most favorite idea is how the mountains are orientated. When cold air comes from the NW thru the mountains it takes a lot to seep in. The worse thing I’ve realized after all these years is the way warm air funnels perfectly into Roanoke using the mountains to the west. I’ve lost count of the amount of embarrassing marginal cold air snow events be complete duds.
It almost sounds like the same phenomenon that occurs in the upstate of SC with the CAA.

That’s pretty wild given Roanoke’s pretty decent location.

Euro showing the ATL some attention overnight for next weekend.

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

Back