• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

FWIW-From Larry Cosgrove this evening!

I had just about given up on seeing winter weather east of the Mississippi River, when suddenly the 12z numerical model runs showed ME some love with the hope for a much colder, and stormier, 11 - 15 and 16 - 20 day periods. Hint: the Grand Banks vortex is back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW-From Larry Cosgrove this evening!

I had just about given up on seeing winter weather east of the Mississippi River, when suddenly the 12z numerical model runs showed ME some love with the hope for a much colder, and stormier, 11 - 15 and 16 - 20 day periods. Hint: the Grand Banks vortex is back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winter has been 10 days away since December.

Lightning about 30 minutes ago between Vicksburg and Jackson,MS. Are those mPING reports around Starkville legitimate? Seems that the air should be too dry at the onset to make it to the ground.

Modeling looks absolutely hopeless yet again tonight. Haven’t seen the GEFS yet but I imagine that SER will be there at the end of the run. We don’t deserve snow

Modeling looks absolutely hopeless yet again tonight. Haven’t seen the GEFS yet but I imagine that SER will be there at the end of the run. We don’t deserve snow

I just looked and it actually improved, very weak if any ser and BN temps at the end of the run, probably just a oddball run tho

My faith in the FV3 took a serious hit this week with it's being the final model to cave on what now is a ripping Chicago low. I feel like it is almost like looking at the SREF beyond day 5. What was 1040s highs over the lakes is now multiple sub 990 lows over lake MI. Wonder what the wind will be like on the back side of those systems?

Back