Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I’ve seen a lot worse. No complaints with this look but I’m struggling to see the end game here. The progression depicted by the GFS verbatim is unachievable. We’re either possibly working towards a coastal/late bloomer or some overrunning west of the mountains. Not both..and maybe not either ??‍♂️..GFS in the medium to LR is bad (worse than most) about trying to do way too much at one time. I think that’s why it tends to spit out these storms that translate from one side of the mountains to the other and that just isn’t reality C9123B02-14B2-431D-B444-639A66870E3A.png

Reactions: Ethan80963
Split flow with a big ridge going up into AK. Wave of interest dives down out of Anchorage. All of this occurring while a big sprawling mid 1040 high pressure dominates the lower 48. I mean, it’s not nothing.
068A0FA6-6A28-4972-A98B-85CD50F4DABD.png

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
Holy moly, look at how much colder is the 0Z Euro!

1581489750454.png
1581489765551.png

1581490067302.png

Look at how cold is most of the US now. Not too long ago, the bulk of the US was warm at the same time. Something is a changing.

Notice the common them of these colder models: the SER is giving way instead of being stubborn!

Last edited:
Noticing models want to pop a +PNA but keep a nuetral to +EPO, meh

It doesn't matter much imo as the E US is still much colder due to a +PNA, which has a higher correlation to SE cold than a -EPO. For one thing, a +PNA kills the SER. A -EPO sometimes is no match for a SER. A -EPO without a +PNA typically sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajr
I agree with the precip output. I can tell by looking at it, we're going to see a change with storm tracks, more Gulf of Mexico activity, and coastal lows. The initial prediction of the blizzard I'm predicting, I put the main low developing south/WSW of Jamaica -- the main low may form a bit further north towards Cuba. Keep in mind, with predictions there is margin of error, just like what computer models have as well.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Could there be a blizzard in Alabama? Oh please say yes!!