• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

I find that very hard to believe, maybe temps on your locals forecast are off. I did see where north GA is having mixing going on today
It was sleet but didn’t last long. I wasn’t believing my ears but managed to capture some pellets. I saw it once years ago back in the 90s with similar temps.

It was sleet!
fac7b2a92798475ce0433fa9bcea0075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passage of a cold core & rather sharp/well defined mid-upper trough during peak heating of the day typically in the latter portion of the winter where insolation is higher and also in cases where the temps are still cool enough to produce snow (instead of having to produce a deep 32F isothermal layer) is synoptically ideal for one of these setups.

Cmc and euro seems like they want to emerge Friday/Saturday system together than the gfs. Timing issues?

0.77 for this storm. 7.43 for the month and 13.16 for the year (mind you 4.21 of that came on one day)

Back