• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Ex-Invest 96L

As long as that trough is there this "hurricane" will go OTS.
Edit: Uh oh high gets further enough south that it makes a left.gfs_z500a_atl_42.png

happy hour GFS is another big change at H5, exactly why I can’t believe it lol, trough digs a bit more in the western Atlantic allowing a opening

Im not believing anything that has a deep trough in the east until like 84hrs out. I do not need my heart broken.

Speaking of crazy happy hour runs, the Real GFS has a very interesting solution at the end of its run.

Im not believing anything that has a deep trough in the east until like 84hrs out. I do not need my heart broken.

Speaking of crazy happy hour runs, the Real GFS has a very interesting solution at the end of its run.
On Pivotal, the Legacy turns out to be nothing.

What a dance....

Isn't it crazy that the GFS has this storm pulling up offshore of CHS by a couple hundred miles on the 30th anniversary of Hugo, parks there to troll SC for a few days before exiting stage right. If Humberto doesn't form in the disturbance headed to the Gulf this system would also bear Hugo's replacement name :oops:

Attachments

• gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_48.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_48.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 15
0z GFS brings another idea to the table. Weaker, further south, goes over Hispaniola as a minimal tropical storm, then just sits there and spins south of Florida for 24 hours while strengthening some (edit2: honestly maybe longer than that). Moved slowly before then too.

Edit: and now turns northeast and makes a beeline for Grand Bahama and Abaco Island while really strengthening. Good thing this is fantasy land as the GFS is a BAADD troll.

Last edited:
0z GFS brings another idea to the table. Weaker, further south, goes over Hispaniola as a minimal tropical storm, then just sits there and spins south of Florida for 24 hours while strengthening some. Moved slowly before then too.
Wow I don’t know what it is but these last couple of years seem like storms like to Stall more often.

The anatomy for this one to become a fish for the US could be a system behind this one. On this run (and maybe some previous runs and on the legacy) you can clearly see it help give an avenue for the exit. If not then I think it probably landfalls as a minimal hurricane (assuming what you have from this run) and if the system behind takes it out there could be major problems.

Of course this will change at least 10000 times and it assumes a tropical system forming period.

Larry will have to confirm, but should be a lot more Gulf storms on the 0z EPS.

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_watl_11.png

Very interesting, Ive always thought Data ingestion only happens on the 0z and 12z runs, but now Im not so certain. Both 6z FV3 and GFS match the location of fhe storm and ridge structure of the 0z EPS. Buckle up time is getting closer.

EDIT= Really impressive agreement at H5 between the 0z Euro, 6z FV3 and 6z GFS at 168hrs.

Last edited:
The verdict is in. Almost 25% (12) either hit or are a clear CONUS threat: 5 in Gulf, ~6 SE US, 1 NE US. Most of the other ~75% recurve well east of the US. So, a recurve east of the CONUS continues to be the most favored outcome per model consensus by a pretty good margin. This has been the case for several days and it is holding. Hopefully, that is a good sign. But 25% is still way too high for comfort and model biases may mean that the 25% rises later.
06z GPS, your Gulf warning is heard. Michael 2.0......although further south in Florida....

It's a beast...moves across FL at 939 and into SC coast at 956.
CMC taking the same path to the Gulf.
Watching for 12z Euro to see if it moves south.

Last edited:
Back