• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

Before and after pics of the storm that came thru here in southeast Bartow county, GA this evening. It looked pretty threatening at first, but ended up being pretty much nothing here, despite being severe warned. Here at my place, we have gotten some rain the last week or two, but nowhere near what most have gotten lately around here, and certainly not enough in my local area. IMG_3065.jpegIMG_3066.jpegThe frustration of summer stormy weather!

We got pounded here tonight. That storm had the worst lightning I have seen in a long time, but thankfully it got no closer than about a mile from me. It was still close enough to be scary though, and was constant for about 20 minutes.
I just had a rumble of thunder probably registered about a 5 on the Richter scale… lol. It’s been absolutely dumping rain for the last 20 minutes..: heaviest downpour of the month and it may put me over 14” for July.

Here we go again!

GAZ116>119-SCZ047-048-051-312115-
COASTAL CHATHAM-INLAND CHATHAM-INLAND BRYAN-COASTAL BRYAN-INLAND
JASPER-COASTAL JASPER-BEAUFORT-
434 PM EDT WED JUL 31 2024

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL IMPACT PORTIONS OF BRYAN, CHATHAM,
BEAUFORT AND JASPER COUNTIES...

AT 434 PM EDT, NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED
STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM NEAR GODLEY STATION
TO FORT MCALLISTER, AND MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

HAZARD...STRONG WINDS 45 TO 55 MPH.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...EXPECT MINOR DAMAGE TO TREE LIMBS AND BLOWING AROUND OF
LIGHT, UNSECURED OBJECTS.

SOME LOCATIONS IN THE PATH OF THESE STORMS INCLUDE...
POOLER, BLUFFTON, RICHMOND HILL, TYBEE ISLAND, WILMINGTON ISLAND,
FORT PULASKI NATIONAL MONUMENT, BELLINGER HILL AREA, AND MIDTOWN
SAVANNAH.

Back