• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

Well, it looks like the heat is coming back along with a possible ring of fire pattern as we go into August. GSP says the mid to upper 90's will be back by Thursday and remain for at least a few days.

Well, it looks like the heat is coming back along with a possible ring of fire pattern as we go into August. GSP says the mid to upper 90's will be back by Thursday and remain for at least a few days.
Yeah it looks like there’s gonna be a fairly big heat release from the west later this week and the weekend, then after it looks like things drop back down to mid to upper 80s.

Last edited:
Another inch in the bucket today with more to come here near downtown Atlanta. I can't remember ever going a month+ without seeing significant rain to this much moisture so quickly, absent a tropical storm. I'd love to hear more about how this pattern set up if anyone with more technical knowledge wants to show off!

Interesting. “Only” got 0.65” not too far from you. But I’ll take it!
Two storms formed in central Cobb, one around 10am dropped .25”, the second larger one in the afternoon was much heavier, 1.25”, then another .25” last night with the more widespread moderate rain. The first storm was very local, they have missed me more often then not earlier in the month.

Very strong storms moving across Athens this afternoon. Gusts 40-50mph, frequent cloud to ground lightning, heavy rain. No tornado, but very broad circulation seen with this system, supporting those strong gusts.

This cell dropped .65 inch rain (and still falling)

Back