• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

Getting heavy rain from a thunderstorm now. Due to a combo of potential heavy rain today with very heavy rains earlier this week and last weekend (5” IMBY), a flood watch was already in effect for today/tonight. But it’s already getting lighter.

Last edited:
There's a Flash Flood Warning in effect for Wake County. Looking at the radar, I believe that is more related to urban flooding in Raleigh than anything else. The rain started about ten minutes ago at my house near Lake Wheeler and is moderate in intensity now.
Imagine if we get a nice soaking tropical system . 10-20 inches of rain on top of this! This rain needs to slow down a bit

Imagine if we get a nice soaking tropical system . 10-20 inches of rain on top of this! This rain needs to slow down a bit
It kinda reminds me of how the summer of 1999 was… it started out very dry and then got much wetter during July and August and then Dennis and Floyd within a couple weeks of each other.

Everything to my North so far and it's gonna take some time to get this mass of showers to drop down into my area I believe

11.5 for the month of July. Hopefully this will ------ the heat as we roll into August. The Hottest part of Summer may be in our rear view mirror this year.

Edit Re_ard . What is with the PC on words now? seriously

I got another 1.05 inches of rain yesterday. That puts me over four inches of rain for the week. This pattern is going to give way to some beautiful weather for this time of year this weekend and conditions are going to be close to normal for this time of year for the next five days after that.

Back