• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

I measured 1.75” over ~1.5 hours (~4:45-6:15 PM) (~5” last 4 days) though Doppler radar estimates are 2-4” over much of the area. That lead to a flash flood warning. The flooding was made worse due to heavy rains just 2-3 days ago. It has finally decreased to light rain. Check out this flooded street in another part of town (from news coverage):

IMG_9989.jpeg

Currently under another stationary storm.been pouring for 45 minutes at least
Yeah, the rich just get richer. I have my doubts about getting another drop of rain here until August. The models are wrong about the rain for later this week except for the HRRR. If it starts showing rain here, then we might just get a little bit, but I do not see it happening.

Now the HRRR says Wednesday will be dry too.

Last edited:
Barely more than a trace.
Storms are numerous but are just so localized. They really have to have a perfect track to get a good one. I’ve already got the shaft today. Thundering and rain in all directions.

PGV over 10" for month not counting the dumping we just got last hr....8" of that came in just 2 days. 5" on the 11th and 3.4" yesterday. Last month PGV recorded .45" for the month.

We have gone from significant drought to worrying about full rivers during a potentially active cane season...

Well after Thursday the pattern changes and it looks like I am going to be left with only .10 at best for the entire event unless we get a miracle. Our only chance here is with a ring of fire MCS or tropical system and anything like that is 10+ days away so the drought goes on. One thing the models will be right about is having the big heat come back in the long range.

The NWS products over the RadarScope app. Kinda looks like winter with being just on the line (mesoscale and flood, not winter storm! )
8b1ed7528d708c03a8b3df1c16f8a57a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after Thursday the pattern changes and it looks like I am going to be left with only .10 at best for the entire event unless we get a miracle. Our only chance here is with a ring of fire MCS or tropical system and anything like that is 10+ days away so the drought goes on. One thing the models will be right about is having the big heat come back in the long range.
KGSP - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 6_21 PM.gif

Well after Thursday the pattern changes and it looks like I am going to be left with only 4.68 at best for the entire event unless we get a miracle. Our only chance here is with a ring of fire MCS or tropical system and anything like that is 10+ days away so the drought goes on. One thing the models will be right about is having the big heat come back in the long range.

Back