• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

I’m sure that if you magnify and strain your eyes to look really close, there will be a dry spot right near Jonesville, SC… undoubtedly that town is gonna be right there with the Mojave and Sahara Deserts as one of the driest places on Earth. It’s amazing when you consider that GSP has at least a 40% chance of thunderstorms through next Saturday there.

Well, the HRRR says I am right about today. Very little on it anywhere in upstate SC through 7pm today on the 12z run. It nailed it yesterday and will again today. I see the Euro and GFS are wet here, but I have 0 faith in either one. Only the HRRR which has been right now for days.

I want to clarify my earlier posts in the thread about lack of rain for MBY as not to be confused. My frustration is the lower to no values in regards to the NWS forecasts. I’m not trying to come across as bashing as they are way more versed than I am but the totals that have been forecasted compared to what’s been received are well below. That said this summer pattern is so dependent on chance in my opinion. It’s really frustrating to see Anson county or Cabarrus county get a good soaking while my poor yard is brown except for the weeds which seem to make their own water grow mightily. Today , tonight and tomorrow could set up good for Ol Marshville but I’m not willing to hedge any bets on it. I’m tired, and need some sleep. Sorry for the rambling!

Well, the HRRR says I am right about today. Very little on it anywhere in upstate SC through 7pm today on the 12z run. It nailed it yesterday and will again today. I see the Euro and GFS are wet here, but I have 0 faith in either one. Only the HRRR which has been right now for days.
Meanwhile I just got another 30 minute pour down.

I want to clarify my earlier posts in the thread about lack of rain for MBY as not to be confused. My frustration is the lower to no values in regards to the NWS forecasts. I’m not trying to come across as bashing as they are way more versed than I am but the totals that have been forecasted compared to what’s been received are well below. That said this summer pattern is so dependent on chance in my opinion. It’s really frustrating to see Anson county or Cabarrus county get a good soaking while my poor yard is brown except for the weeds which seem to make their own water grow mightily. Today , tonight and tomorrow could set up good for Ol Marshville but I’m not willing to hedge any bets on it. I’m tired, and need some sleep. Sorry for the rambling!
Have you not even done well the last 2 days… my mother in law lives in Marshville right near downtown and she’s had over 2 inches since Friday afternoon

Have you not even done well the last 2 days… my mother in law lives in Marshville right near downtown and she’s had over 2 inches since Friday afternoon
I can’t speak for the past 36 hours honestly as I was working on the ambulance in Anson. It rained .59 per my rain gauge Friday night. Didn’t rain much in Wadesboro last night though.

Well, it looks like most of us stay dry today and most likely tomorrow too. All of the models except for the HRRR are flat out wrong. Totally wrong.

Well, it looks like most of us stay dry today and most likely tomorrow too. All of the models except for the HRRR are flat out wrong. Totally wrong.
See I had a good hour and a half or maybe two hours of solid rain. Probably pretty close to the same as two Sundays ago and rain probably 4 out of the last 5 days. A good stretch for someone who's usually on the wrong side of these patterns. Just a few miles is the difference between drought and flooding this time of year. That's just one of my many reasons for hating summer. The relentless heat being the main reason. Although I'm starting to hate winter as much as summer anymore because it just seem so hopeless when I comes to even coming close to getting just average snowfall

Back