• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

The newest HRRR is holding that together and expanding it over the next few hours
That area is interesting to me even here. That's a pretty rapid decay on the models this evening but it looks like there's some hints of a mcv near Augusta. It'll be interesting to see if that starts forcing warm muggy air over the ofb that went south today and there's enough elevated instability for that to beat the models in longevity and coverage.

I’ve been receiving mainly moderate rain from several thunderstorms over the last ~90 minutes. The CTG lightning is currently rather frequent with it causing a power blink a few minutes ago. No wind to speak of. Typical summer storms.

That area is interesting to me even here. That's a pretty rapid decay on the models this evening but it looks like there's some hints of a mcv near Augusta. It'll be interesting to see if that starts forcing warm muggy air over the ofb that went south today and there's enough elevated instability for that to beat the models in longevity and coverage.

The latest HRRR is holding it together for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

received 1” on the nose in just under 30 minutes today putting us at 5.67” for the month. After basically nothing from the 2nd week of May until last week it’s welcome. The grass never got going before the drought hit so it’s finally filling in.

Well thought I was gonna get blanked today but as usual the pattern of night time development seems to be playing out again with a line popping very close and just south of me

I hope no one from the NWS is watching the radar over Wilkes Co tonight cause I have the storms moving from “East to West” and slamming into the blue ridge with a back build currently. No other storms doing this nearby.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride. I hate to even complain because I ended up with exactly 1 inch over night. Then again I was on the cutoff between much lower totals and some places that had 5 inches.KLTX - Digital Storm Total Accum., 7_14 AM (1).png

Always the bridesmaid never the bride. I hate to even complain because I ended up with exactly 1 inch over night. Then again I was on the cutoff between much lower totals and some places that had 5 inches.View attachment 148658
I get it and it's the same for me. No complaints about my rain total but I would like to catch the core of one of these imby, if for nothing else than to satisfy my weather nerd. It's been a while since I've been dead center

Back