• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Webb’s been keying on this as well how phase 7 is an ideal position for us to be in come late December and turning the page into the new year .. cold pattern that could support snow events becoming more likely in at least early January.. but until then .. we have to fight for our life against this SER
Webb was posting 30 day SER maps non stop. I don’t think he was calling for that. Great to see the pattern change!

Looks like someone took a big bite out of the SER .. snowy cold pattern? No. Extensively long 80 degree days … I don’t think so 1-2 very warm days that could lead to severe weather .. maybe View attachment 96801View attachment 96802
The pac is hot garbage tho, sheesh, IMO we have trended to a more active pattern, the solutions earlier would have meant rain to our NW, still mostly AN stuff given the SW H5 flow aloft but the shortwave early next week came out of nowhere and should wedge us for a day or 2

He was agreeing that any change would probably be after Christmas or early January given the crawling MJO progression due to La Niña
If the MJO does follow that thinking then perhaps it could crawl through good phases right as we’re entering good climo of early January. Obviously we need other indicies to work in our favor as well

If the MJO does follow that thinking then perhaps it could crawl through good phases right as we’re entering good climo of early January. Obviously we need other indicies to work in our favor as well
yeah like the crummy pacific, which has been very stubborn. hard fix that overnight. mjo goes into good phase, we will be looking at transient colder shots only

yeah like the crummy pacific, which has been very stubborn. hard fix that overnight. mjo goes into good phase, we will be looking at transient colder shots only
Phase 7-8 MJO in early January typically results in a bombshell pattern (-NAO/-EPO) but it’s been a very long time

Phase 7-8 MJO in early January typically results in a bombshell pattern (-NAO/-EPO) but it’s been a very long time
I have my doubts it gets anywhere near phase 8. Maybe 7 briefly before heading back to crap. I hope I'm wrong but recent years have shown that. And the sst in that region is largely unchanged. Seems as I remember last year or the one before it entered 8 and 1 in a low aplitude and blew through them in a mater of a day or two right back to the bad phases.

Back