• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Delayed but not denied! It’s only 15 days away, again! BE9C07A5-C475-4D70-8419-DBEC2A372A03.png

Fwiw, this is what the NC Piedmont + Coastal Plain standardized seasonal snowfall anomaly looks like from the late 19th century through the first half of the 20th century. Curious to see where 1959-60 stacks up, certainly going to give 1935-36 a run for its money.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.37.35 AM.png

I’d honestly much rather torch for the first part of December or even most of it. I worry about starting off December with massive cold fronts and then flipping to warm to start off January when that’s our best time for snow average wise. I know a cold December doesn’t necessarily mean a warm January and vise versa but it does seem like when we are cold in late December and early January that the warmth ends up coming to us at the worst time. Just don’t give me the 2016-2017 winter #worst winter ever.

Back