• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Ongoing poleward heat flux over the coming two weeks will continue to disrupt the polar vortex, sending it towards Siberia.

blobid10.png

Granted, this is the stratospheric PV, but it makes it easier to see what @Webberweather53 was referring to.

View attachment 9112

Ok, I see it better using the stratospheric PV
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We no longer care about the Carolinas they’ve already cashed in . Is back to the west can do very well with an apps runner so.....

Let her run !!!

Most of South Carolina didn’t get crushed. I saw 3 inches of snow and sleet. A lot of areas saw nothing. Not complaining by any means but I’d love to get a good 8-12 inches before winter is over

We no longer care about the Carolinas they’ve already cashed in . Is back to the west can do very well with an apps runner so.....

Let her run !!!

I saw absolutely nothing. We has not cashed in. Thankfully, for my area, its not always a bad thing for Dallas all the way over to here to get hit while having limited moisture further North.

I mentioned last night I was feeling something coming out of the gulf/phase.. well the FV3 from 06z kinda showed something that could be very special for the entire Southeast if timing could work out for Christmas Week.

I saw absolutely nothing. We has not cashed in. Thankfully, for my area, its not always a bad thing for Dallas all the way over to here to get hit while having limited moisture further North.

I mentioned last night I was feeling something coming out of the gulf/phase.. well the FV3 from 06z kinda showed something that could be very special for the entire Southeast if timing could work out for Christmas Week.
When you say entire Southeast you are not including Florida right?

Let her run !!!

Okay now, what’s that about the Carolinas? Lol need more in the upstate.

Wouldn’t it be something to get snow into Florida

Im kinda surprised the west coast of FL doesnt get more ocean effect snow. You would think those cold northerly winds coming off the Gulf would produce snow more often, kinda like how cold air moving over the Great Lakes produce Lake Effect Snow.

Okay now, what’s that about the Carolinas? Lol need more in the upstate.

Yes we do. You know the last time Clemson saw over 5 inches of snow after 1988 was in 2011 when they saw 5.75 inches. The 2nd largest snowfall after 1988 was less then 4 inches

Wouldn’t it be something to get snow into Florida

To get significant snow to Phil, you pretty much need a low crossing FL south of Tampa-Orlando, preferably crossing Ft. Myers south. Of course, that would mean the northern SE would mainly get left out. Exception was Feb of 1899.

Let her run !!!

Right! I admit, I'm jealous of the Carolinas getting that snow storm that dropped hefty snow amounts in some places. Some places got more than their average snowfall. It's TX to GA turn now!

Back