• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

Lol DT is a massive weenie & is getting desperate, this is not something you go around posting on social media, sure on the forum here it's understood that we're doing a lot of this for fun and most of us have some idea of the nuances involved and we're all snow weenies so it's understandable, but those in the public who aren't hard core weather enthusiasts and dealt w/ this before have no clue & it's wrong esp to go so far as to throw in the exact snow amounts from the model...
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 6.22.12 PM.png

Lol DT is a massive weenie & is getting desperate, this is not something you go around posting on social media, sure on the forum here it's understood that we're doing a lot of this for fun and most of us have some idea of the nuances involved and we're all snow weenies so it's understandable, but those in the public who aren't hard core weather enthusiasts and dealt w/ this before have no clue & it's wrong esp to go so far as to throw in the exact snow amounts from the model...
View attachment 2367
What is this based on, the GFS?

View attachment 2367

I am definitely using the ICON as a case study if this actually scores a coup or not.

I am definitely using the ICON as a case study if this actually scores a coup or not.

Even if it busts here (which it may very well do) I'm still going to keep it mind because I've seen similarly horrific busts out of the GFS/CMC/NAVGEM this far out, it honestly doesn't hurt to have another opinion and put another tool in the toolbox. We use it enough, we're going to get a good general idea of how well the model performs and what its biases are, etc.

Face palm!!! So you’re telling me there’s a chance? Lol!!!! Oh my...winter weather in the south is never easy... don’t know why we act like it should be...

Ha the NAM is probably wrong but if it actually were close to somewhat right, it's not far from my still having a minor ice event.

WxSouth still talking like there's a chance for this system on Facebook.

The 1km Swiss model isn't even close here in Fayetteville w/ current temps. Says it's supposed to be about 32F already, well it's actually 39F right now. We're well on our way to seeing 32-33F and cold rain

Back