• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

That RGEM isn't quite in range for it's prediction of wave #2, but I can say that it looks like it wants to shunt it South. Hard to tell, I used the satellite simulation and it was trying it's best out there after wave #1.

HMMMM... well FFC is a bit "late" with their AFD, interested to see which way they go

If I was them, I'd stay the course with "no clue how much precip" like they recently stated and not touch much of anything (aside from lowering pops) until 12 or 00z tomorrow.

If I was them, I'd stay the course with "no clue how much precip" like they recently stated and not touch much of anything (aside from lowering pops) until 12 or 00z tomorrow.
Well they ve posted it on Twitter, but not online yet... Basics are Cold in place, moisture starved and trended "south" so mix ZR/IP south of Metro ATL to Athens line

Well they ve posted it on Twitter, but not online yet... Basics are Cold in place, moisture starved and trended "south" so mix ZR/IP south of Metro ATL to Athens line

Yeah our guys lowered pops a bit ago and said they still aren't sure, basically.

Would really be quite depressing if the Midlands some how wiff on all these opportunities coming up.. hoping for the best though.

Our precip. chance was lowered to 30% but added rain/snow for Thursday morning between 8am and 10am. If we get anything I prefer the snow, no ice please not in this area.

Gotta cash in within the next week and a half here in SC, I worry about later down the road

Gotta cash in within the next week and a half here in SC, I worry about later down the road
I know TWC sucks and all that but they had CAE with many chances in their 10 day forecast yesterday morning. Now they have 0. They are clearly all in on the drier solution.

As you should be. While I don't think we torch a lot after the 10th or so, I do think the cold will relax quite a bit and then you know what happens. We get tons of moisture but temps become the issue and only those in the mountains will actually be cold enough to support mostly snow. Still the threading the needle with temps and precip is how we normally get snow/wintry weather and we just have to hope the timing matches up sometime before it ends.

I know TWC sucks and all that but they had CAE with many chances in their 10 day forecast yesterday morning. Now they have 0. They are clearly all in on the drier solution.
I've definitely already took notice to that. But things could change, as I see it, we have two shots here early on. One Thursday night, which looks dryer than the Sahara desert now, and that one on New years, which the GFS is painting a similar look from the storm in early December. CMC has a better look for us. But who knows...

Atleast you all saw a little something depending on which side of ATL you live on.
Was on southeastern side, saw flakes fall that quickly melted. did not experience the lush 10" snow that everyone NW of me got.

At least bunch of folks in LA, MS and AL got a lot of snow who rarely ever see it. SC is due, as is south/east Atlanta and Athens.

Back