• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

Just looking at the 00z ICON. Another big hit. What a silly model. Either it's going to make the Euro & GFS look like crap, or it needs to be fixed.
Why are you putting more stock in the GFS and Euro when they have been all over the place? This at least seems to have some consistent merit to it but I here you. Edit: I see your point. Its kinda over the place too now that I think about it

Just looking at the 00z ICON. Another big hit. What a silly model. Either it's going to make the Euro & GFS look like crap, or it needs to be fixed.
Only thing I recall on this is, it did well on last years storm

Why are you putting more stock in the GFS and Euro when they have been all over the place? This at least seems to have some consistent merit to it but I here you

Because the Euro is easily the best scoring model at H5 in the world. I've watched the GEFS and EPS get progressively drier each run since the trends have started.

Well folks....I think the best shot is from SAV to CHS and unless I see something trend better, I hope they get some wintry weather for sure.

I am definitely routing for the GFS, CMC, and Euro to fall to the German model. I am not even kidding.
Do you know how nice it would be to have 13/4 KM model that we could turn to that verifies? Right now, all I feel like I have is the Euro, Ukmet, EPS, and GEFS. We are ready for another contender!

Its a Winter wonderland for a lot of people. And aside from it's ridiculous 2 inches + on previous runs in CAE, it will not let freakin' go of the idea of a stronger, more separated wave with more southern energy & wind influence. Like, can something be this wrong for so long? Sure, I have no experience with it. But my, it is set in stone on that model, it seems.

Last edited:
Well folks....I think the best shot is from SAV to CHS and unless I see something trend better, I hope they get some wintry weather for sure.

ZR accretions barely in SAV. KCHS .16" pocket of .20" Dorchester and Collection County.

Not sure of the validity of this but is the wave in question even in the RAOB network?

(Watch the EURO go full blown nuts on the 00z cycle...)

ZR accretions barely in SAV. KCHS .16" pocket of .20" Dorchester and Collection County.

Not sure of the validity of this but is the wave in question even in the RAOB network?

(Watch the EURO go full blown nuts on the 00z cycle...)
I thought the wave in question, wouldn't even be onshore of the west coast until Wednesday. So, maybe not?
Nevermind...I see Webber provided the answer.

Lol people doubting that. They must be new or really young and don’t know you’ve been around the block

LoL I've been around when John Oldshue (former 33/40 met) now doing this http://southeastsky.com/ started this board and then Daniel Lamb last I knew at NWS in JAN I think... And a young teenager named Matt Grantham soaking up knowledge and now at NWS BMX... and Fred Gossage working it at Fox6... and I'm proud of all of them and others...Yup I'm old and one of the original members. LoL all good I'm just not around as much thing called life unless some potential weather mischief presents itself...

It won't enter the network until Wednesday

Oh boy...and this is a potential sneak attack waiting to happen. How many times in the past have SE winter storms seemingly come out of nowhere.
I tell you this..if the ICON verifies the best with this setup, we know straight where to go to in the future ...

In all seriousness, the setup just seems it would be capable of delivering a little more than what's showing IMO.

Yes! We keep taking the bait over and over only for these models to take us on these wild goose chases for nothing! So tried of this!

Lol I'm just having a little fun haha, but the ride is part of the reason why we do this! We learn just as much, if not more from our failures & busts than our successful winter storms

The DWD ICON will save us all. It has my current temps in my back yard even the wind down to 1mph modeled correctly from 00z!

Back