• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

This GFS likely won't be much different for our storm. Through 42, basically the same.

Sorry.

This first storm is all but not happening for N GA. I'm gonna enjoy the cold weather a bit and look for something in early Jan.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_48.png
Well not sure when NAM became the new king!? GFS already looking better

The geopotential height contours are orientated a little more this run s.t. that the flow overall is increasingly west-northwesterly instead of WSWly thru about 60 hours which argues for more drying

If anything, less precip for 00z GFS, or maybe South. Whichever.

If the ICON wants to hold on to the storm; it's going to get shown up. I just can't anymore.

Trying to come back to life at 72! SC CAE/CHS/SAV special

Just looking at the 00z ICON. Another big hit. What a silly model. Either it's going to make the Euro & GFS look like crap, or it needs to be fixed.

its over for our area i think unless a miracle happens but if i lived towards the coastal regions of SC and GA i would still keep a eye on this.

I don't know why, but here. It's sn, ip, zr, the whole shebang. Heavier precip in some places, than even the 18z.

00z German Silly Model:

here.png

Back