• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

I find it interesting this winter storm occurred during a strong +NAO. I always thought -NAO was usually needed for most east coast winter storms...maybe that applies more for nor'easters rather than southern sliders?
Well our northern shortwave acting as a 50/50 low was well timed and diving off of a rather tall western ridge. We can certainly score that way. -NAO helps in that our pieces of energy don’t necessarily have to be timed as well. This has come to be my understanding of the two

I’m gonna make my statewide map for NC sometime later tomorrow, I’m curious what everyone here got in their backyards from both today and yesterday!
1”, and if I’m being very generous and doing lots of rounding up, maybe 1.5” with the first event. Today, probably a trace would be appropriate. Extreme SE Wake.

I’m gonna make my statewide map for NC sometime later tomorrow, I’m curious what everyone here got in their backyards from both today and yesterday!
9.5” of guesstimate and extrapolating after using my phone length for the first 6.25” lol.. yeah I forgot the tape measure don’t @ me. 3 miles NW of cashier,NC

Small victory
0789800e7ec3905e5ff9614844025c11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.5" of snow/small amounts of sleet at my house in western Raleigh yesterday with an additional 0.5" of snow/sleet today. However some of the initial snow melted due to the changeover to rain last night.

Back